I took a couple of weeks off after my last tri to recover and then I was going to start keeping a good base going while throwing in speedwork.

But it seems I'm getting swamped from every direction and I've only run 1 day last week and 1 day so far this week.

I know if I can squeeze some runs in, even if it's 2 miles or so, then I'll be okay. I've got a schedule planned out, but so far life isn't cooperating and I'm having trouble finding a good way to adjust. :(

Can you run in the mornings before life gets in the way?

Best way I found. Pay yourself first. It also helps you handle the rest.

That is what I try to do. Even if it meant forgoing some sleep

I'll agree with everyone else. I hate running in the morning, but if you really want to add consistancy, I've found it's the only way. In the past 40 days or so I've only missed 2 scheduled run days, both because I was sick. It's a pain, but if it's really important to you, you have to make the sacrifice.

I'm on the morning bandwagon.

Whenever I get bummed out, I fall back on something that a wise man once yelled:
SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

:naughty:

I once was a huge morning only running advocate. Now I like to sleep in (or go to the gym in the morning) and run long, longer, longest at night. I don't have kids and such to get in the way, though, so if time is of the essence, during lunch if your work has showers or before work are your best options.

You mean you all aren't doing it twice a day? I must be missing something. I thought everybody ran in the AM and biked or swam at night.

You all are freaking me out.

Sheldon

When I tri train (which isn't often) I flip it. Swim/bike in AM and run in PM.

no kidding. Weights at lunch, no? who needs to eat?

:1:
I thought it is the norm for most triathletes to do doubles or even triples in their training...

During the past year, I did. But I've taken the last few weeks off.
BTW, I did get up and take my new Mizunos for a spin before work this a.m. Feeling much better now.
Hopefully I can get all my scheduled workouts in this week.