I'm going to start training for a triathlon! :)

Obviously I need to purchase a bike first. I don't have the first bit of knowledge about what bike to purchase, though. I know the amount of cash that I'll need to have but that is about all I know!

When I was in high school (many moons ago) I used to swim frequently but I think I'll probably need a refresher course on that as well. I swam 1/2 mile at the pool yesterday so it's a matter of technique and speed more than anything.

Does anyone have any newbie bike websites and/or a bike for sale they can direct me to? ;)

I bought a new road bike in November, my first one. All I can tell you is this; I looked at and took a test ride on many different bikes. I made sure to ride the high end ones I could never afford, just to get a frame of reference. I finally rode one that just flat out spoke to me, and I bought it. I couldn't be any happier with it, or with biking.

Good Luck on your Tri!!