Hello there! Triathlon seems like a very interesting sport and I’m thinking about starting with it. It’s just that I can’t say I’m in good condition and that’s why I have to undergo high intensity training in order to be capable of everything it demands. How do you think I should plan this training? I’m thinking of weightlifting and running for the beginning.

In my opinion, it’s not you who should plan high intensity training. Do you know how dangerous it can be if you put yourself through such an intensive exercising without consulting a doctor, nutritionist and a fitness instructor? Triathlon is not an ordinary physical activity. It’s more than that. It’s almost like an extreme sport and you should be very careful about that. First of all, you should go and have a medical check up in order to see whether your body is ready for something like that. After that, if everything is ok, go and talk to a nutritionist about what you should eat during high intensity training and finally have a fitness instructor design you an exercising program.