Hello! I went to see my eye doctor yesterday since I have been having problems with my eyes for two days. My both eyes turned pink and inflamed and a discharge occurred. This is the first time I experience such infection and I can say I feel really uncomfortable. The doctor prescribed some eye drops and Amoxil. I don’t use antibiotics so often and I don’t know is Amoxil is used as conjunctivitis treatment?

Hello! Amoxil is an antibiotic in the penicillin group of drugs which fights bacteria. It is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as ear infections, bladder infections, pneumonia, gonorrhea or salmonella infection. Since you said this was the first time you had conjunctivitis I am not sure about Amoxil. As I know Amoxil is used in chronic conjunctivitis together with some other medicines. Usually, in cases of acute conjunctivitis eye drops with antibiotic (Chloramphenicol) are used and they are proved to be very effective. Try to talk to your doctor again.