Hello. I'm 30 year old male and just recently I have developed some strange and serious food poisoning. First, I felt nausea and started vomiting. All this was accompanied with high body temperature and fever. My doctor told me that it wasn’t some typical food poisoning because, after week period, the bacteria that caused me this spread to the blood stream and caused me pain in joints and bones.
Doctor found out the exact bacteria and prescribed me some Rocephin drug to use for two weeks.
I don’t know anything about this drug and that’s why I would like to hear more about it, dosage, indications and possible side effects?

Hello. I know some facts about this drug because I've been using it couple of years back when I had pneumonia caused by one bacterium called Streptococcus pneumoniae.
I don’t now how much this will mean to you but Rocephin is an antibiotic in a class of drugs called cephalosporins- very strong type of antibiotics. This drug can be used for many infections in the body such as bronchitis, pneumonia, blood infections, bone and joint infections, meningitis, abdominal infections, skin infections, and many others.
Possible side effects are an allergic reaction accompanied with difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, face, or tongue, hives but all this occurs very rarely.
Wish you luck!