Over the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing watery eyes, sensitivity to light, occasional dizziness or lightheadedness, and trouble focusing my eyes for longer than maybe 10 minutes. My eyes feel very tired and want to cross due to what feels like weak eye muscles.

General MD ran blood tests for diabetes, Optometrist checked eyes for almost everything and found nothing.

I am on medications for blood pressure and cholesterol and sluggish thyroid, but none have given me these side effects in the past.

I am afraid there is something bigger happening here. Has anyone else had these problems? Please help!!!

You may have early symptoms of multiple sclerosis. I suggest that you consult with a neurologist.

It could be related to your medications. Have the dosages changed? Are you on any new meds?

Just out of curiosity, do you have even a slight fever? Do you ever get a stiff neck or headache? Are you "tired?" Have you found any rash?

I ask because some of your symptoms can relate to meningitis.

Regardless, after 3 weeks I'd go back to the doctor. A blood test for diabetes does not usually test for anything other than your blood glucose level. I'm assuming that was fine.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I think that's pretty helpful what medic-dan posted. Often it's hard to diagnose with just one symptom, so try to think hard about what other symptoms you have as well. It sounds like meningitis is a likely culprit as well, although your medication can also be something as well. That's why getting as many symptoms to work on as possible would be helpful. Keep us posted as to what your doctor says. Thanks!