Hello, folks. I must admit that I have been worried lately. I am feeling a heartbeat in my eye. This really bothers me. I would really like to know whether this is something serious or not. I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me if this is serious or not. Thanks for your help. Bye!

Hello. Feeling a heartbeat in one’s eye is a common problem. You shouldn’t worry a lot. Perhaps, you are feeling nervous. This anxiety can spread over your organism. Nevertheless, visit your ophthalmologist. You should check your eyes and eye pressure. You can also visit your cardiologist. Try not to think too much on this. Good luck!

Hello there orrin655,

If you are worried so much about this you should definitely visit your ophthalmologist but if you are feeling that there is some deeper sources of this tell to your GP that you need therapy with psychologist as well.

My best friend is diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks and one of the first symptoms in her case was beating of the heart in her right eye. Of course that she was terrified but luckily her husband has reacted immediately and she went to the nest psychologist in the city.

She is still on therapy but she is a lot better and the symptom of a beating heart is gone completely. I hope this was helpful and that you will resolve your problem.

I've always had that. Many people who are severely nearsighted can both see and feel their heartbeat in their eyes. I see a cluster of veins pulsing in the corner of my left eye. For me, it's just normal. The brain learns to ignore it.

Hi, have your eye doctor check you for keratoconus.

Wow! I thought I was crazy. I ask about this and get that look of "say what again". I see this also. Usually when I've just done a quick increase in physical activity then sit for a second. There it is, pulsing in my eye to the beat of my heart. Feels like my eyee are seeing a bright and then darker view in tune with the pulsing, like my pupils should be dialating and undialating quickly. I have low blood pressure, always have.

I feel that too!Thank god I'm not alone .It started like 2 weeks ago( right eye ,also short sighted one) and it won't stop!Sometimes I know ,it's tiredness but others it happens right after I wake up ,so maybe it's not associated with this only.I also have low blood presure and it's normal for me as doctors say .Also I don't know if it's eye twitch cause it bothers me when I try to open-close my eye a little bit.

How long does it last?

I am on oxygen and have a pacemaker.It is very humid and hot.I had walked from my car and up the steps to go inside.when I sat down my heartbeat was beating in my eyes. Please tell me if this is normal. Thank you.

I have the same thing. It usually happens when I stare at something or my eyes get filled with tears without crying, for example that can happen when you look at the sun. Don't be worried don't take care of it... doctors may tell you to do crazy stuff when it's not necessary.

This just may be from the sun, and/or a bit of a workout. Don't take it seriously, it's nothing to worry about. It also could have been from a bit of loss of oxygen and dehydration. It's nothing.

I have the same thing and get out of breath easily. Also, in feeling the beat in my eye, sometimes it skips a beat, it seems, and the pattern is messed up.

i have thes too but its killing me always it came thin a hedake vrey strong one it came to me at night same times and dont let me slepe sorr for my bad langweg

I'm having this happen right now. First I began to get a headache, then noticed the pulsing in my eye. Decided to Google it. I had no idea this was a thing! Thankfully, it doesn't sound all that serious.

Sometimes my eye balls feel like they're shaking in my eyes really scares me