Hi I recently had a haemorrhoidectamy last Thursday on the 7th of July and it is now the 16th. I got out on the Friday about 10am and was given lactulose solution to soften my stool, co-codamol for the pain and some ibruprofen. I was in intense pain on the Friday and Saturday and maybe took to much co-codamol (which makes you constipated) to deal with the pain. My wound and anus have started to heal nicely and the pain isn't as bad but it's when I need to have a bm which is the worst! It's been 9 days since my op and I still haven't been able to have a proper bm yet, the pain is unbearable, just feel constantly bloated and getting stomach cramps and really smelly gas because I'm taking senokot on top of my stool softener and when that wasn't working I went to my surgeon who prescribed me movicol and still I can't go! I get the urge badly but when I go to sit on the toilet it's as if it disappears and the feelings gone and when I push it just feels like nothing is happening and then I can't push anymore because I can only take so much pain. I've had a small amount of runny diarrhoea come out but not much and it's just bypassing the constipated stool that I need to get out as it is sitting up there right on where I've been operated on and it's extremely uncomfortable! I'm worried now that it's been over a week without a proper bm and I need some advice please.

I am on Day 13 and have the urge to go after taking Miralax. Like you, I did not have a normal poop for 10 days and felt constipated. Doc ordered Miralax. I've only taken half the dose. With a lot of push, I did poop out a cupful with two attempts yesterday. I knew there was more I couldn't push out. Now I am left with this urge to go every 5 ~ 10 min. It gets worse when I stand or walk. Very painful to suppress the urge. If I stop Miralax, it won't fix the constipation problem. I guess the key is not to get constipated in the first place. For my situation right now (constipation + constant urge to go), I don't have a good clue of what to do.

Finally after one hour soaking in hot water, my muscle finally relaxed, I was more courageous and started pushing (while still in the water). i got it all out :) Big relief. My healing is finally on a good track now.