O.k., sorry if TMI but that's what this forum is for right? :-D

I have never been all that "regular" but not really problematic (constipation or diarrhea). I would have a BM like two to three times per week. Usually quite large (again, sorry). Once in a GREAT while there would be a little blood on the stool or tp but not all the time and I haven't had that for quite awhile.

About two month ago, I was feeling the urge to go and ignored it for about an hour until i HAD TO GO!! I felt a strong pain in my abdomen briefly but felt fine after BM. Since then, my BM's have been intermittently softer. No blood, just softer. My question is... could there have been a small tear in my intestine due to a large BM and this is my body's way of helping it heal, by having daily softer BM's? This weekend I did have one episode of diarrhea, also. Any help would be SO much appreciated. I do plan to see my reg dr for my regular check up and bring this up, but wondering/worrying about this until then is consuming my thoughts! Help?

P.S. I am 36 yrs old.

MY DAUGHTER HAS THAT ISSUE TOO. I'M SURE THE LIGHT BLOOD IS FROM STRAINING. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS...THAT YOU " THINK" ARENT RELATED TO THIS? EXZEMA, SKIN PROBLEMS...ETC.? IF YOU DO...LOOK UP, " GLUTEN INTOLERANT" YOU HAVE THE CLASSIC SYMPTOM OF IT WITH THE BOWELS. HAVE YOU TRIED...PROBIOTICS...LOOK THAT UP TOO? BUT, IF YOU HAVE ANYOTHER SYMPTOMS...THAT I MENTIONED...BESURE AND LOOK UP GLUTEN INTOLERANT...IT ONLY TOOK US 25 YEARS...BUT, WE FINALLY FOUND THE REASON FOR MY DAUGHTERS...MISERABLE LIFE. IT WAS AS EASY AS NO MORE EVER GETTING NEAR GLUTEN.