Hey, I'm embarrassed to talk about these things, but today, I went to the bathroom, and when I tried to take a dump (sorry for the uncivil word choice), it seemed as if I was constipated. It took me a while to force it out. It was pretty hard, and I felt a sharp pain which I figure is some slight tearing at the exit. When I went to wipe, the first bit of toilet paper has a decent amount of blood on it, as if wiping a cut. Then I wiped again, way less blood, and I just wiped again (about 3 minutes between wipes), and barely enough blood to be confused with a pimple pop. A little history about me, when I was born, I was born with a imperforated Anus. I had surgery right away. But ever since, I wouldn't take a dump for maybe a week at a time, and just force it out in one sitting (at first thick hard stool, followed by slightly liquidy diarhea like stool). I have been getting better, releasing my bowels about every other day if not every third day, and the c**p seems to be getting smaller and smaller and more often. I also had a couple boxes of Mac N Cheese last week, so I figure I'd get constipated.

My question is, was this bowel movement painful with a little blood due to the surgery (when I was one year old), or because I was extremely constipated? I really don't want to go to a doctor, due to embarrassment as well as a lack of money.

Though I'm not sure which is a more severe factor here, I know that both factors are significant contributors.

Since you can't really do anything about that childhood surgery, you should avoid constipating yourself as constipation does make your feces harder and more painful for your bowels.

I actually have the same stool patterns as you, but I know that it is my gastric problems that makes my stool so abnormal.

You could be suffering from anal fissures as well, so try to apply some Anusol cream or suppository to see if it works out. But I'll say it's still best to get diagnosed by a doctor.

I have blocking IBS and the specialist highly recommended Miralax and, when needed, stool softener. This advice has made my life so much easier. Use of anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxers caused my intestininal motion to be paralyzed. Lost 75 lbs in less than 6 months. I took a Sitzmark test which confirmed. Proctologist and Gasto highly recommed Miralax and softener. Cancer doctors also recommend. IBS can be misery but with these over the counter aids life is so much better. You can mix Miralax in any liquid.