I'm a 21 year old female and for the last 4 or 5 days I have been experiencing light bleeding after bowel movements. I don't have hemorrhoids that I can see so I'm not really sure what could be causing it. The blood is pink and is not on my stool, when i put the tissue on the area inside there is a very small dot of red blood. about the size of a lowercase o. What's going on?

I am having the same problem - light pink after BM started yesterday. Have you gotten any responses

i AM EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING...LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING OUT. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I WAS RELIEVED WHEN I SAW SOMEONE ELSE HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE.

i too am having the same problem and no matter what i research about i seem to cant get an answer. Is this thing normal or abnormal?

I too am experiencing it, although if you have experienced any itching in that area it could mean internal hemorrhoids, that's what I believe is happening to me, although I experience no pain while passing the stool, I do not have blood in the stool just smalls dabs of light blood in the opening kinda like a cut. It still worries me as my family has a history of colon cancer so I will be checking it out.

I am 29 and 7 weeks pregnant with my first and have just started spotting with BM and was even having some light cramping. I called my doctor and she have me go in for an ER ultrasound and blood tests. The blood tests came back normal, the was no blood in my urine and my vaginal ultrasound was awesome. We could see the heartbeat. My doctor did not have an answer for the bleeding because she could not find any vaginally. Which I knew that was where it was coming from. If your doctors know any different please respond. Thanks:)

Some people can experience small tear and cracks in the skin around and within the anus canal called fissures. These cracks and tears occur naturally if the anal mucosa is stretched beyond its capacity. For example being constipated, having a large bowel movement and is common in women after childbirth. It's defining signs and symptoms are bright red anal bleeding on the toilet paper or in the toilet right after a bowel movement. You may or may not experience pain right after going to the bathroom. Unlike hemorrhoids there is no constant itching, generalized pain and irritation, also you will not have an internal hemorrhoid protruding through the anus outside the body.
Most superficial and shallow fissures heal themselves in a couple of weeks, however some can become chronic and if unhealed can become infected.
Talk to your doctor about this if it continues because anal fissures can be confused with a rare form of anal cancer so you just want to make sure. Like I said its rare but just to be on the safe side at least ask them.
To prevent them from reoccurring the very best thing to do is DRINK WATER!
You want to make sure your stool is easy to pass and you are not straining (that could lead to more tears or reopening some). Everybody talks about "fiber rich diets" but it truly works great and fiber is a mild laxative so its a two for one deal. Occasionally taking a stool softener and limiting your caffeine intake will also help.
Don't forget to talk to your doctor if you still having trouble with this, I know its a pretty sucky place to be in (and I've been there) so I hope this help at least a little. Good luck!

I agree with you Drunklilbee. And I like the way you explained things. It was very helpful.
What kind of problem did you have and how did you cured it?

Cheers.

ALWAYS EAT A HIGH FIBER RICH DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have exp anal issues both vein and fissure and for some reason the blood from that area FREAKS ME OUT!!!! From my experience, eat fruits and vegetables, drink water, don't camp out on the toilet, and be good to your body. This is an embarassing subject, at least to me, and I don't deal with it well. I've had it drip out of my shorts and wiped my toe acrossed it and it has haunted me for 8 years now. Stay away fro fried, fatty food, high sodium foods and anything you cannot readily eat as is: like meat, vvegetables, fruits, etc. Our processed diet has really screwed us up.

I started having this problem about a month ago. The amount on the tissue is very small and the color is light pink. I do not have any pain, but I do get constipated often. I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and was told all was well. This is scary, but after reading all of the responses, I feel a little better. One responder said, don't camp out on the toilet. I wonder what that means. Any clue? Any way thanks for the answers and it did make me feel a little better.

What size font?

I think they meant don't sit and finish the sports page or scroll thru your I phone after your B/M.

It means don't be sitting on your toilet for an hour reading because that can cause hemorrhoids.