I been chronically constipated for over a week now. [Not being able to have a bowel movement] ....I went the the emergency room last night because I had such a horrible urge to go and simply couldn't I was in so much pain and discomfort.They did an x-ray told me my colon is wrapped all around in feces. They said Its fluffy so I should be able to go. I was sent home with a Suppository,Magnesium and fiber [which I already take daily.]...I went home took all 3. An hour later my urge to have a bowel movement increased. I ran to the bathroom and NOTHING would come out. I put my finger insdie my rectum and vagina area and felt a HUGE rock hard boldge. It was all around my recturm and no mater how hard I pushed it was too big to dislodge. At this point I felt like I was going to pass out due to the pain and pressure of having to have a massive bowel movment and not being able to.

I rushed to the ER. The docotor edning up having to manually take the feces out. She told me I have severely impacted and he had to stick her fingers deep inside my rectum while telling me to push at certain times. she told me she took out three large balls and that we were half down. She told me she thinks an enema should help eliminate the rest. I waited around 25 mins. Instead they came in with a portable potty. They told me to try and go. I was able to somewhat go. I pushed out a large hard thick stool. It hurt so bad. I felt more had to come out.  I was reassures that it's normal to not be able to empty it. They said to go home some and take the magnesium it should do the trick. I went home with a lot of pressure gone but still bloated and felt constipated.

As soon as I got home I had an urge to go. I tried and tried and nothing came out besides bloody diarrhea and pencil thin stool. No matter how long I tried or pushed nothing else would come out. So I stuck my finger up my rectum and felt a large ball. As soon as I pushed on it like blood squirt out. I don't know what to except or do. I am terrified of taking the magnesium because I already have the urge to go and can't! I was referred to a Gi Doctor but they can't get me in until late February.

my life style-I have daily fiber instead
always have to push/strain to eliminate my feces [never feel like it's completely eliminated]
on and off with have bloody diarrhea.
I am a 24 year old female.
abdominal pain on and off
sometimes inability to pass gas
I have been dealing with chronic constipation for a long time, but seems to be getting way worse.
I am so scared I don't if I still have impacted feces? A hemorrhoid? [but I thought doc would have felt a Hemorrhoid]  Please help anyone who knows whats going on. Also confused why the x-ray didn't show any type of impaction. It was a large impaction that was removed. I don't know if there's any more left and I am very worried.

Hi Kayla,

It does sound like you may have a hemorrhoid.  When it appeared, I can't answer.  It may have happened after or because of the procedure.

Do you see a doctor about these issues on a regular basis, including the constipation and bloody diarrhea?  If not, I'd suggest you see a gastroenterologist.

Too much fiber can be as bad as too little fiber.  Do you also drink enough fluids?  Most people don't.

If you haven't had one, a colonoscopy may be suggested by your doctor.

Keep us posted.  Good luck.

iam so sorry but i was wondering if when you go to the bathroom if blood comes out if so manybe you have a rip in your anus that wont allow you to go to number two...if thats it you must see a doctor and get a precription of sulferzalazine

My theory is that a hard mass of stool forms somewhere in the intestines. The hard mass causes a fairly substantial partial or total block. The block impedes bowel movements, but elimination occurs sporadically. For instance, someone might go one or twice a week. This possibly occurs because building pressure forces the newer feces to expand the intestine allowing the feces to "squeeze" past the stuck stool. For some reason, perhaps a change of diet; the stuck/blocked mass slowly starts to work its way out of the intestine and into the colon. At this point, the hard mass puts a lot of pressure on the anal (opening) and a hemorrhoid develops. In other words, the hemorrhoid means that a blockage is working its way out. For example: Someone suspecting celiac disease begins to eliminate gluten from their diet. For a few weeks bowel movements may be more frequent than usual. Then after some time of healing a hemorrhoid develops followed by more constipation. The person who started this thread, would be at this stage of elminating a block which may have existed for a long time. I doubt anything can eliminate the hemorrhoids until the block is out. Once the hard block or blocks of stool are eliminated most typical hemorrhoid medications will probably shrink the swolen tissue. There are creams at the drugstore that will make the active symptoms more bearable.

sounds like hemoroids

That's awful, you poor kid!! What you need is a good gastroenterologist. And if you already have one, get another, Sweetie. I've had many bowel and intestinal surgeries and I KNOW that no good doctor will send you home with a blockage and tell you take Magnesium. I know your horror regarding this well, as it is my own. I will not take laxatives because they terrify me. You need to deal with the blockage. Why is it there? Do you need surgery? Get a good doctor and God be with you.

This has become a bigger problem for me since my cancer treatment and all my medications. Recently I added muscle relaxes due to a car accident where a got whiplash. Big mistake. I am now 7 days with a ball ( I am sure) stuck in my lower bowel. I have drank and taken what I can. Except the emma I have done 2 of the other type. No help. And I also have a hemmoirod right about there. I am embarrassed to seek dr. But my last round turned me sweating and almost past out. Is emma safe. Shameful to post about this c**p lol.

Need help badly

I had this problem for almost 4 months, the doctors gave me many things to release myself but could not. I got a hydro water colon cleansing for three days and I'm back to good health! It's been two years now, doing fine. I did just received a colonoscopy and the Doctor cut-off 5 polyps and now waiting for lab results.

You are so informative.