Hello! I am in the fifth month of pregnancy and I got fever and sore throat two days ago. My doctor says it must be some minor virus infection and said I should rest and take two paracetamols daily. He told me to take paracetamol only for three days and then I should stop and he also said I shouldn’t take more then two daily. Is it dangerous to take two paracetamols daily in the middle of my preganancy?

Hi! Paracetamol can normally be used in pregnancy and it is also safe for mothers who are breast feeding to use paracetamol. Of course, it is always good to ask your doctor about taking any medicines at this time. Since your doctor already told you how you should use it there is no need to worry. Paracetamol is the analgesic and antipyretic of choice during pregnancy but it shouldn’t be taken on a long term daily basis. All the best to you and your baby!