I am having surgery this week, they are going to remove my appendix .This is the first time that I am having operation and despite the fact that they told me that I am going to be under anesthesia I am still scared. What type of anesthesia is used for this type of procedure, I have never been under anesthesia, what if something goes wrong.

I can’t really tell you what type of anesthesia is going to be used for your operation, but I can tell you what types of anesthesia there are. There are: local that involves injection of a local anesthetic directly into the surgical area to block pain sensation; regional- injection around major nerves or the spinal cord to block pain from larger but still limited part of the body and general that is given into a vein or is inhaled, affects the brain as well as the entire body, and you are completely unaware and not feeling pain during surgery.