know someone having 2nd trim abortion. Clinic has mentioned meth use as high risk, and they wont do. Im concerned, she didnt know she was preg at 20 weeks gest, not showing, but uses meth here and there. not chronic user. wanted to know info as much as poss of risks. She is almost 21 weeks, state laws allow abortion until 23-24. I know shes scared with time remaining so short,but i would like to inform her of what to do before procedure. How long does she need to not smoke meth for procedure to be safe? pls help soon, worried on time limit, thx

For anesthesia risks, just like in normal surgery.. NO drugs for at least 1 week is best.

She is under a unique circumstance though, and needs this abortion ASAP.

Have her ask the doctors at the clinic.

IF she is 21 weeks, she has until 23-24 weeks, then she needs to hurry and sober up.

OH yeah, you should also call around at other clinics, if available, and find out what they say.

She could have an abortion wihtout anesthesia.

U are all of 21 weeks and u are aware of the risks. Why do u still want to go through with this abortion. If u are able to carry it this far, then u are able to carry it the rest of the period.

I have done two which I really regret, the situation was not right and thats why I did it but afterwards I really regret not carrying it and want a repolacement baby. Darling, I will not bash u like the rest bcus only u know what u r going through but I just want to let u know that if u ask the LORD he is able to carry u through and take care of u and your baby more than u know.

If someone had told me that i was going to feel the way I did bfore i did it, i would not have done it. so please think sensibly and dont let ur emotions determine ur decision, thats what I did and that where I went wrong.

I beseech u to keep this baby, it is fully developed and will feel pain if u carry out this procedure. besides I have never heard anyone who struggle with the decision and ended up carrying the child regretting it. but certainly we are filled with grief and guilt after aborting it-I lost seven pounds after doing it due to post stress and not eating.

think about what I said before making ur decision, PLEASE.
It is a life and God will reward u for keeping his hand made.