Hello everyone , Just getting over bunion surgery & it looks like I will also need bunionette surgery on same foot . I did ask the surgeon to assess if this needed to be done as well during the bunion surgery & he decided against it . As I am recovering from the bunion surgery I realize that the bunionete looks & feels much worse .. :-Could you please recommend bunionette pain relief? Please share with me any experience you have had with bunionette surgey , Many thanks Ilana

Years ago patients were hospitalized for the procedure, but today patients can have the procedure done in a surgical suite, and go home immediately afterwards. In almost all cases, procedures can be done under simple local anesthetic. General anesthesia has been used historically, but it is more likely to cause post-operative pain and cause general medical problems than local anesthesia, so is used less and less. In most cases, the patient may walk away from the procedure. The patient is not walking completely normally immediately post-operatively, of course, or certainly to the extent as the day before the surgery, but most patients are ambulatory. You should keep your foot elevated for the first few days following your surgery, and apply ice packs as directed. You will need to temporarily use crutches, a walker, or cane as you gradually increase the amount of weight you can put on your foot. It can take weeks to recover from bunionette surgery, and your doctor will let you know what to expect.

thank you , april ,