My doctor wants to perform my tonsillectomy using local anesthesia. I am low risk and he said I can choose whether to have local or general. He said local was safer. It is appealing, but I am concerned that so few people have the procedure done with local anesthetic. Has anyone had a tonsillectomy with local anesthesia? Would you recommend it?

Hi there, I do not know if using local is really such a bad idea since the other sort usually is invasive. The problem is that the surgery is extremely invasive itself and could be very uncomfortable. WOuld you even want to be awake for the procedure?

Hallo,
Tonsillectomy is very common now days and you have to understand that this procedure is not that complicated but it is not simple as well. Many people have issues with recovery after the procedure. You have to understand that recovery can take up to four weeks and sometimes things don’t go as planed. You have to be prepared for this. However the first weeks will be very hard but after this you should be fine. I think that many go for local anesthesia and you might feel slight pain. In my opinion there is no need for full anesthesia in this procedure. But it all depends on the doctor as well. I hope this helped you a bit.

I am trying to find a doctor who would do my tonsillectomy under local anesthesia? Which hospital is this? Thanks!

Hello, did you find a doctor who would perform a tonsillectomy with local anesthetic? I'm also trying to find a doctor. Thank you

New Member
1 post
DId you find a doctor who would do your tonsillectomy under Local Anaesthetic?
I am looking for one!