Hi! My son has a problem. He is overweight. He tried to control his weight. But, didn't have any success. I heard about the Laparoscopic Gastric Band. My son has BMI 53. We think that is the best solution for his weight to do Laparoscopic Gastric Band. What tests he should do before surgery? What test will he have before surgery? Tell me something how it works? Thank you!

Hi! My sister had Laparoscopic Gastric Band, and I am considering to have same procedure will have an extensive work-up to determine whether this operation is indicated and safe in his case. The preoperative screening will consist of complete blood tests, imaging studies, a gastroscopy and consultations with various specialists. A gastric band device is introduced through tiny (1cm) incisions in the abdomen and is placed around the upper part of the stomach. The resulting pouch dramatically reduces the functional capacity of the stomach. The band has a balloon from the inside that is adjustable and can reduce stoma size, thus prolonging the period of fullness. My sister now has normal weight, and she is satisfied with results.