I have never been able to close my mouth. I have never been able to find anything on the internet as well about lip surgery etc. When I was a kid the doctor used to say u just have a short upper lip.
Can it be rectified? Any suggestion

YOu need to see an oral surgeon about jaw surgery. There is such a thing as a jaw that is too long which prevents closing of the mouth. OUr daughter had the surgery at 14. It is extensive surgery but is done quite commonly. Going to a good orthodontist could confirm this also. Good luck!

I have the same problem, my orthodontist said somthing about a surgery to me but i was only 16 when i got my braces and my dad is against any kind of surgery, but i dont think he understands how it feels to be teased about having an open mouth either.

could i ask what the surgery was called if anyone knows or about how much it cost?