Hi. I have a grandson who is nine months old. During the last week he has started to grind his teeth. Should I be concerned? Should we stop him?? Thanks.

NO, there’s nothing wrong with your grandson and I think you should not try to stop him. This is very common and in younger children – his teeth are growing ant that can feel very itch. But, if he continues doing so even when he gets older such that the primary molars are worn down, he may need to have stainless steel crowns placed to rebuild the proper bite.

Well,
You are saying that your nine month old grandson has all of his teeth? I am not really sure if he can have this much teeth at this age. Non the less this condition can be problematic no matter how much teeth do you have in your mouth. I am not sure but I think that this can be caused by thumb sucking in children and also by tongue thrushing. I am not sure if there is any treatment option for this condition at this young age so it would be the best that you consult a doctor to see what can be done to avoid any other malformations of the jaw.

Good luck,
Karel