My GP sent me to a surgeon for a biopsy consult. There is a lump in my left armpit that has steadily grown since November. It was the size of a medium-sized egg, but now it has spread out into my upper chest. I also discovered a hard lump under my left jaw this past February (almost where the curve of jaw is). It's grown a little since I first discovered it (it was about the size of the tip of a fingernail at first), now it's about the size of a large pea, hard as bone, immoveable. The surgeon first checked the jaw and told me not to worry about it, that it was the end of a ligament (not until I got home did I think "a ligament just hanging on the underside of my jaw?") Then he check my armpit and told me that it was fatty tissue, and that I needn't worry abuot that either. The armpit explanation sounds plausible, but the hard knot under my jaw is a ligament? Does that sound right? Or am I just being paranoid. I do see my GP again in a week, and I will ask her, but I just feel really duped. I'm a 42 year old female.

I know that these lumps under the skin are normal to occur, these are called lipomas and are usually non cancerous lumps as a collected fat tissue under the skin and you shouldn’t worry if they remain the same size but in case they start to enlarge you should react immediately and the surgery could be possibly required.
What I can suggest about your lump in the jaw is to have the ultra sound done. But you shouldn’t be that concerned as all these swollen lymph nodes and lumps under the skin are mostly not cancerous. But if you would be calmer, you ask for the ultra sound.
In your case it has grown a bit, this could be a bit worrying and you don’t miss seeing your doctor.
When you have a check up done, would you come back and report what it was all about, I am curious to know as I could sometimes feel a small movable lump in my jaws either, I would like to know if this could have similarities with yours. Thanks in advance!

hi i have had the same problem for 2 years now and went through numerous amounts of doctors..had 3 biopsies done on the lump in my face and finally found out it was hidradenitis suppurativa..which often goes misdiagnosed ..so i would get that checked because i found out that its infected sweat glands which appear on the armpit..chest..groin area..neck,,and face and get worse when not treated