I am 32 years old male and recently I started feeling pain in my abdomen. At first I thought that it will go away, but it didn’t. Can someone tell me more about the most common causes of abdominal pain?

The first thing you need to do is to go to your doctor. Abdominal pain is pain that you feel anywhere between your chest and groin and it is often referred to as the stomach region or belly. There are many organs in the abdomen and pain can originate from any one of them. This includes organs related to digestion, like stomach, the end of the esophagus, the small and large intestines, the liver, the gallbladder and the pancreas. The intensity of the pain does not always reflect the seriousness of the condition causing the pain so it is important to seek professional opinion. Severe abdominal pain can be from mild conditions, such as gas or the cramping of viral gastroenteritis. Also, mild pain or no pain may be present with life-threatening conditions, such as cancer of the colon or early appendicitis. There are many different conditions that can cause abdominal pain and the key is to know when you must seek medical care right away. In many cases you can wait and call your doctor at a later time only if the symptoms persist. However, this is not always an option so visit your doctor if your pain persists.