I am 42 years old and I have been experiencing flutters in the upper right side of my stomach. I went to the doctor today and they insisted that I have an ultrasound. Like most people with this problem, they told me that everything was fine. I am not pregnant and I even made the doctor feel the flutters by touching my stomach. She informed me that it was severe gas pockets and acid reflux. I assured her that was not the case. Gas pockets are not going to last for almost two months in the same spot. I told her that it felt like a baby moving in my stomach. She informed me that gas can feel that way as well. She gave me some medicine to treat the gas. I never try to tell doctors how to do their job, but her diagnosis is incorrect. They informed me that my gall bladder, kidney, and pancreas were all fine. I don't understand why it is so hard for doctors to run other test to find out what is going on. I am angry because this could be something serious that may go undetected. I am seeking a second opinion. This movement is disturbing and embarrasing for me anyway because my movement is getting stronger. It brings me to tears because I feel like these doctors think I am crazy. I can't concentrate on my job for the flipping and flopping around in my stomach. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE--if there is a doctor or someone out there that are familiar with these symptoms and know of a treatment, please share!!!

hi. i have been off work now for 5 weeks because off stomach problems. when i first went off sick i was having stomach cramps. pain shotting up my back and side and feeling faint. doctors gave me medication to treat the stomach problems but i was still feelinf faint so persuade doctors to do an iron test. found that i didn't have another iron in my body. maybe you are having the same problems and need to inform you doctor to ask to do this test.

I am 27, male, fluttering in upper stomach, right under ribs. I do have a lot of sugar in diet but eat healthy other wise. I have been on meds since I was fourteen for narcolepsy. I am putting on a little weight every year. I feel the fluttering in upper stomach. I also noticed if I down a bottle of water I can almost feel something in the same spot as the fluttering as if there is some kind of growth or bend in my intestine. Not sure, does anyone know? Could it be some build up in my intestines? Someone said something about a over worked liver which could be cause of my long time use of meds. I also can drink alot an never have the urinate, when I do is dark. someone shoot me in the right direction

I'm in the same boat with you! I thought it was my heart but my EKG's come back normal.

Is there ANYONE that can tell me what this is??? I have the exact same issue. It has only been almost 2 weeks but I am only 28yo and concerned. Started having sharp pain today and went to the ER. After an ultrasound and CT scan, the doctor said there was nothing there and it must just be acid reflux. I had BAD heartburn with all 3 pregnancy's and this is no way acid reflux. He just gave me pain killers...just to mask it. PLEASE HELP.

I have the exact same problem! It started off with pain on the right side of my back and now I have extreme gas pockets. I normally have no trouble with bowel movements, but this past week (today is Sunday), I did not go on Wednesday or Thursday. When I got home from work on Friday, I immediately took 2 laxative tablets. The package said "overnight relief). Well, about 8:00, I stared getting extreme stomach cramps and by 8:30, I was on the "throne", having just made it. I still have the gas pockets and pain, so I have NO idea what is wrong.

I'm laughing because I've been having all these same symptoms for some time. I know it's not funny, but it makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one. I eat, then shortly afterward I bloat and then get the flutters and sometimes, like one person said here, I get these weird sensations like something is moving around in my gut, which is most likely gas, or food? One day at work I had to leave because I became so bloated. I went to the ER and the x-rayed but saw nothing significant. An ultra sound would be better I know. I suspect that some of us here, myself included for sure, are "emotional" people who tend to get uptight in social situations. I've noticed there is a correlation between by stomach problems and what's going on in my daily routine. But what do you do? I've found that exercise helps. I also drink wine, which I know is not good to over-do, but it helps me relax.

Did you ever find out what this is?  I am experiencing exactly the same, I am a 46 year old mother of two and the only thing I can compare it too is the feeling you have when pregnant of the baby moving around, though I know I am not pregnant

I am a male, 67 years old and had my gallbladder removed 16 years ago. For the past week I have had fluttering every few minutes where my gallbladder was (very weird sensation). I will be scheduling an appointment with my gastroenterologist right after the first of the year.

I have been experiencing the same thing for the past few hours almost constant and I've felt it before . I had surgery on my gall bladder a few months ago to drain the bile but I still have my gall bladder. I'm wondering if it's my gall bladder? Anyone know? I had no symptoms of gallbladder issues even before the surgery and have no stones! It feels like a baby kicking me and I'm not pregnant! What is going on!

I had my gallbladder removed in November and I have been getting this sensation for the last couple of months. My doctor says it is gas and I am inclined to believe her it's not painful just annoying!

What you've described is exactly what I've been experiencing and I shutter to think it might be anything pancreatic. It's a peristaltic like spasm or flutter with just a slight hint of cramping pain and it is mostly int gallbadder area. I've been having it for quite some time and it holds on sometimes for hours and generally later in the day. Strangely it's best in the morning. If you find anything let me know - I'm very interested.

I'm having the same problem but mine are on the left side... did you ever get an answer?

I am currently experiencing these same symptoms which is why I was looking into it on the internet. I too thought it may be a baby, but I would be in the last weeks of pregnancy if that was the case. I was hoping that it was not worms or something. Did you ever fin d out what it was?

I am experiancing the same issues. it truly does feel like a baby moving but all teston that level are negative. i can feel it strongly and i dont know what it is . one doctor said it was gas but im not sure, and another said it just my food digesting. i really want to know what it is. I have my flutters on the upper right side of abdoman and top middle abdoman also. this is really freaky.