My husband is 47 years old and is warden at our county jail. For the past two or three weeks, he has had some nausea and pain in his upper abdomen. He was first diagnosed with a hiatel hernia but a dr wanted to do an ulrasound to rule out gallbladder problems. Results showed enlarged lymph nodes near the pancreas. After two ct scans, we now know he has 4 enlarged nodes near his pancreas and nodes in his lungs. The drs are scaring us to death because they are looking for lymphoma. And I understand their concern and I'm grateful. However, he has no other symptoms. No fever, no weight loss (in fact he has gained weight), no other enlarged nodes that they can find.

They mentioned that after the first ct scan that is gallbladder was "functioning backward and leaked the dye" used for the scan. Am I crazy to think that maybe if his gallbladder is leaking there could be some sort of infection going on? Why not check for infection first? Are they being very cautious because of where the enlarged lymph nodes are?

One more thing. I mentioned my husband is a warden. About a month ago, the deputies brought in a woman who had hepatitis a (i think it's a). She was there several hours before anyone knew. My husband had not finished his entire vaccine for this disease at this point. After they found out what she had, the medical staff finished everyone's vaccines.

I don't know. I know I'm sound like I'm grasping at straws but we are scared. We have two girls--11 and 8.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to diss our doctors. They have both said it could be infection. It's just they talk a whole lot more about lymphoma.

Any experience or words of encourgement will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
momta2girls

Hi, my name is John and I am also 47 years old. A CT revealed I have 4 enlarged lymph nodes near the pancreas, my Dr said it could be an infection and to sit tight and rescan in 3 months. I am a little proactive and I am having a blood test done to check for elevated white cell count, indicative of an infection today. I have no fever and fell OK. I then spoke to my mothers oncologist and he said there is a blood test that can identify T cell enzymes/proteins that will show iff you have a risk or have developed any type of cancer involved with these lymph nodes. I will find out the test info for you when I go next week. God Bless you and your family. John ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

My daughter has Down Syndrome and has been doctoring for a year. She has had blood work, bone marrow, biopsy of a lymph node. She keeps vomiting everyday. Her lymph nodes in the abdominal region keep enlarging. Her platelets are low along with her RB & WB. They keep doing CT'S to follow up on the enlargement of the lymph nodes. They have even done ultra sounds to confirm the gall bladder is okay. Now the new finding is she has an enlarged lymph node in the pancreas. I'm getting nowhere. Where do we go from here? I keep getting told she is hard to diagnose because she has so many false positives and false negatives due to her Trisomy 21. She doesn't have a baseline to follow for her blood work due to that. I feel I keep getting the run around. Why can't we get to the bottom of this? HELP ME!!!!

The test is called a PP-19-9 I think. My partner has lymphadenopathy around his pancreas, enlarged main duct and dilation at the tail. Also they have found subclavicular lymphadenopathy and a thickening of the bronchial wall. They are doing a biopsy and OGD tomorrow but the Consultants believe it is most likely a Lymphoma. Just need to wait. The subclavicular lymph is a big indicator of malignancy in 90% of cases so we are preparing for a big fight now