Hi i am on yaz. The 15/16/17 th i was taking antibiotics and on the 18th we had sex where he did not pull out. On the 27th i took my first white pill and no period. On the 29th i took my 3rd white pill and had brown. I usualy start my period fully on the second pill. Im on my 4th pill now (last white one) and i am bleeding a bit more than yesterday. Could i be pregnant?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Plan B One-Step is a type of emergency contraception. This is birth control that can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex. It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining. Plan B One-Step is not the same as RU-486, which is an abortion pill. It does not cause a miscarriage or abortion. In other words, it does not stop development of a fetus once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. So it will not work if you are already pregnant when you take it.

If you take it within 72 hours after you've had unprotected sex, Plan B One-Step can reduce the risk of pregnancy by up to 89%. If you take Plan B One-Step within 24 hours, it is about 95% effective.

But you should know that Plan B One-Step is not as effective as regular contraception. So don't take it as your main form of birth control. And, it does not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases. Think of it as a backup -- not for routine use. That's why it's called Plan B.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use