Last Sunday the 7th I had sex twice, the first time was protected via condom. Second time maybe an hour or two later was unprotected. Then had unprotected sex again on Tuesday. I am not on a birth control at the moment. My period is quite irregular but the -expected- start date was Friday the 12th. I have never had unprotected sex before. So to be safe I took the morning after pill on Thursday - probably too late for Sunday but okay for Tuesday. I know a side effect of the MOP pill is to delay period etc and on top of being irregular I have been trying not to freak out. Should I just take a pregnancy test or because it was so soon before my expected period is it still too soon? Thank you for any help. - I do now have the pill for BC but I won't start until I know I am not pregnant just FYI.

Health Guru
The minimum recommended time on some pregnancy tests is 3 weeks but its normally better to wait longer for a more accurate test though, also the morning after pill can work up to 72 hours after intercourse but the sooner you can take it the better as it has more chance of working :-)

3 weeks! So long. Well I took the morning after pill on Wednesday morning. That's over 72 hours since Sunday. I am hoping since it was so soon before my expected period and taking the morning after pill that I am not pregnant. I saw very faint spotting yesterday and had very faint cramps. My typical period consists of a heavy flow, at least the first day, lasts usually 3-4 days and cramps hurt so bad it's like I am dying on top of usual back pain. As of right now I have had the spotting, cramps, back pain and it just feels like down there I am about to start my period. Sadly all those are also signs of pregnancy and results from the morning after pill. It's driving me crazy.. Not sure I can wait 3 weeks. 

Health Guru
Well you can take it sooner but your just be wasting your money by doing so.

Agh, alright well thank you so much for the help and replies.