Hi, guys. I am 7 months pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and I am little afraid from delivery process. I am thinking of having epidural, but I hear it brings some risks. I would like to know if anyone has had unsuccessful epidural before. I would really appreciate your replies.

Hi, there. Like any other medical procedure, so epidural delivery can be unsuccessful. Some severe things can happen after epidural. Epidural arachnoiditis can appear. There are cases of paralysis. It is a result of lack of oxygen coming to spinal cord. Some of these women ended up in a wheelchair. There is a possibility of paralysis of cranial nerves. I have read that some women even died from epidural. I suggest you to discuss all this with your obstetrician. He will tell you how real and common are these complications.