I am having a Laminectomy with several pinched nerves to repair. The spinal stenosis is pretty bad and I have spinal damage. I cannot have fusion due to a right intra cranial artery that is closed. The danger is the screws would be right where my good intra cranial artery is. If a nic or something hits it, I would die. I know down the road I am going to have a deformed neck. Has anyone had this problem? I really am scared to have the surgery but my doctor said if I have a bad fall I would be a paralyzed without trying to fix it. I have balance issues so I fall and black out a lot. There are risks with the surgery too.

Hi Folks, Recently found out I need laminectomy with fusing C2- through 7. Stenosis. cord compression, weakness in exterminates. I am looking to find out more from people that had it done. Have had 5 procedures , this one concerns me.. thanks