My periods are usually pretty regular, my cycle always between 24 and 28 days and period lasting 5 days. My last period only lasted 3 days and now the next one has started after only 16 days!!! I had very painful and swollen breasts after previous (3 day cycle), they only now starting to subside, the day next cycle starts! I dont understand what is going on. I have had blood test so I know I am not pregnant, although I wish I was. Can anybody shed any light?

My sister had an irregular period for years, and it turned out to be a large cyst growing on her ovary. She had to have it surgically removed because of it's large size. It had caused damage. I am not saying that you have a cyst, but maybe you should talk to your gynocologist about it, and they could do an ultrasound of your ovaries and uterus to rule out several possibilities. If your taking or have recently stop taking birth control that could be affecting your menstral cycle. Some people's cycles just go haywire sometimes. The best thing to do is to talk to your dr. The worst thing you can do is nothing at all.