I had the start of my period on the 13th and was finished by the 21st. I have 3 girlfirends that all started their periods yesterday (30th) and today, I have started mine again. Is it true that some womans periods trigger other womans cycles?

Where did you get that idea from? I have never heard of this before. I think this is just a coincidence.

Does it happen to you often that you get your periods twice in one month?

Do you know what periods are? They are waste from your uterine cavity. This waste is the lining of the uterus that has been created during ovulation for the fertilized egg to implant into. When a mature egg leaves an ovary (ovulation) and heads to the uterus, it is supposed to meet a spermatozoid that has left your boyfriend’s penis during sex. When this doesn’t occur and the egg doesn’t get fertilized, this uterine lining is no longer necessary and is being extracted. This lining shed from the uterine is called period and it can’t be triggered by anything else but ovulation that occurs once a month, usually in the middle of your menstrual cycle.

So, it is definitely a coincidence that you girls got your periods in the same time.

been a while since the original post, but i wanted to reply anyway. :-)

actually, it is possible for a group of women who spend a lot of time together (roommates, or friends... sometimes even mothers/daughters) to have their periods sync up. it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen on occasion. :-)

and jane, in my opinion, you made it sound like the original poster is stupid. kind of rude, no?

I have totally heard of this. I live in dorms and every girl on our floor seems to have theirs at the same time. You can google periods syncronizing and you'll get all of the scientific theories behind why it happens. They're actually really interesting.

Good Luck