Hello.

I am 26, and i can remember this issue from when i was still in highschool. Towards my final years, sometimes i would feel a sudden incredible pain, or extreme discomfort at the bottom of my right lower ribcage. After a few minutes it might go away, and i would not have it again for ages.

The only way i could make sense of this pain is, the way it feels is like a floating ribs feels as if it caught in the ribcage, right at the ribs edge.

it never lasted long enough or often enough for my folks to be worried. To this day i still get those pains from time to time. But within the last two or so months, the pain seems sorer, and discomfort seems to hang around almost constantly, sometimes i have to stretch to the left to relieve some building up pain.

I'm getting really worried, but i've simply got no money right now.

I have the same problem. I just turned 27 and have been searching the internet for answers.

my daughter has just found that she has a floating rib and she was very scared. no one told her what it was she age 13yrs . :'(

My son has had rib pain in the lower outer part of his rib. Very sensitive. He had it about a year ago and after I treated him with a strech and pull that was explained on the internet, it went away for the rest of the year. I am looking for the site agian right now. I will check back when I find it.
good luck, there is a well explained treatment that if you do it right it makes the rib pop into place and the pain is gone instantly. It is easy and it is online, or at least it was.

I have located the webpage that helped me with my sons rib pain. the site contains a strech that pops the rib back into place and is done very gently. If you are game at fixing your our probelms very patiently, it is worth the effort If you are afraid then take this article to your doctor and ask for help. go to the following link and search down for Counterstrain Treatment
studentdoctor.net/blogs/omtguru/2005_12_01_ommguru_archive.html good luck!

Hi
I am 52 years old and a few days back, whilst pulling with my arms and resting against the rib cage for support, felt a sharp pain on the right side rib cage.
Eversince the apin becomes acute in the area when
1. I bend forward
2. I lie down and try to turn on my back
3. I cough
4. I laugh
This has become quite difficult now

Any suggestions

M Srivastava

i went to the webiste and typed 'counterstrain treatment' in the search field. it explained what it was, but couldn't find the stretch. i sit and stand up straight, but the 'floating ribs' on my left side have been hurting for a year and a half now! i thought it was cuz i am 27 and becoming more womanly shaped, apparently not the case. please let me know what the stretch is so i can fix this!

My daughter is 14yrs old and has been complaining about pain under her ribs on the Left side for about 6 months. She also feels an indentation there, but none on the right side? Any ideas?

I have the same problem - I am trying to study, but it is really distracting. What is it????

Hello, i have had problems with my ribs for the past year. It started when on holiday. I leant forward to tie my shoes and the bottom rib on the right felt like it was going to literally 'pop' out of my chest. It has done the same thing three more times since and each time it is harder and more painful to put back. Its a most peculiar feeling. I have not sought any medical advice - like most of you I have managed to correct the position of the rib without any problems. Kaz.

I have had all kinds of tests with no results. My lower right rib also pops in and out when i push on it. My Dr. just said don't push on it. It hurts when I streatch and a lot of times when I eat. Also when I sit for a long period. Had this problem for about 4 years now.

All of this sounds like a symptom I've been getting since I was very young. I actually asked my father, a pharmacist, about it and he told me it's actually quite simple.

What happens is, the floating ribs (everyone should have at least 2 on either side, sometimes 3) rub against each other or cross over because of a lack of cartilage near the spine (the only place these ribs are attached) or just extreme maneuverability.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_rib
medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=8810
mnsu.edu/emuseum/biology/humananatomy/skeletal/ribs/floatingribs.html

i have the exact same problem nthing triggers it it just happens everyday at random times of the day for the last 3 yrs i am only 19 and its drivind me nuts its a breathtaking pain and it can be anywhere on the ribs or chest any answers?

I'm 15 years old and for some time now i have noticed a strange rib... It is only painful sometimes, it is my lower right. If i apply pressure i can feel it moving, and also sometimes it actually pokes out of my skin, so it is visible! Other times, it is completely invisible. Any ideas? Paris x x

I've been having painful floating rib on right side that hurts and also interferes with digestion at times. My chiropractor said it is because it gets stuck sometimes when out of position. He manipulates my back and then I can breathe easily.