Every couple of months for the last year, I have been getting sudden severe upper back pain along with vomiting. It can last anywhere from a half an hour to three days. The pain and vomiting worsens by eating. After vomiting, the pain lessens somewhat. I can't hold any liquids or solids down. I've even tried everything from water to crackers to gatrorade and etc. I throw up anything and everything, until the pain goes away.

I have been to three different hospitals over the past year. The first time I got the pain and vomiting was when it woke me up during the night. I immediately went to the hospital. The doctors told me it was nothing, probly just a night terror. Another time I had this episode I went to a different hospital that told me it was probly constipation and suggested I get an enema. Most recently, I once again went to another hospital and they took an x-ray. The x-ray showed no broken bones which I had already guessed because I hadn't had been in any type of trauma like a car accident that would cause such an injury. Then I insisted they take a sonogram to check my Gallbladder. They refused to do so but once again offered to give me an enema.

All the hospitals I've been to haven't been any help at all. They don't diagnose me and sent me home with a perscription for 400 mg of isbuprofen which doesn't even slightly help the pain. It's ridiculous.

This happen to me also for the past year iv been told from several dr that it just back spams from picking up my daughter or that they don't know what it is. Over the past year iv been to the er 8 times mos the time I try my hardiest to bite threw the pain. Sometimes I throw up sometimes I don't. Tonight I did the pain is so
Bad it almost feels parlizing. Do you know what it is? I'm tired of not knowing if u do please tell me

I get the upper back pain and vomiting, usually a heating pad helps but I also see a chiropractor and it disappears for a long time until I do something to pull a rib out of alignment. I would suggest seeing a chiropractor. It does alleviate the pain substantially.

Hey guys, I just had this happen to me. Severe back pain and uncontrollable vomiting. Went to the ER and they told me it was a kidney stone. They gave me an IV and something to make me pee (flowmax I think?). Took about 5 hours before I passed it. Hope that helps!