I had my Gallbladder removed 12 days ago laparoscopic. I am having pain under my ribs by my incision and on my right side only when I move around Standing and walking. It feels hard where it hurts when I start having this problem. I can't cough or sneeze. It hurts real bad. Feels like something is pulling in their and sometimes when it pulls I feel burning. If I sit or lift my arms or bend forward the pain goes away. Does anyone know if this is normal and when will it go away. I called the doctor and they just said it takes time for me to heal. But it has been 12 days. When will I see relief.

i had lap gallbladder surgery to feel pretty good tonight pain in my ribs and it feels like i have cracked ribs after 2 loratabs since i been home i have little pain

Did this stabbing pain under your ribs ever go away? Did they figure out what was causing it? I had my gallbladder removed last week and I'm experiencing exactly what you're describing. I had blood work done but haven't gotten the results back yet. Thanks for any advice you have!

I also had my GB removed two wks ago today, and as of a couple of days ago i too developed an achey pain by my rib cage (few inches away from the two small incisions on my abs). Sis and mom had this surgery two yrs ago. Mom suspects it's the andominal muscle fibers mending. Mine feels like muscle ache and it's not unbearable. I have an appt to see the surgeon a couple of wks from now. Will keep u guys posted.

I had my gallbladder removed laporoscopically 6 months ago.
I have had severe ongoing pain next to my right rib cage near the top incision site from the moment i awoke.
this has since been diagnosed as nerve damage.
There seems to be no 'cure' from what i have since found out through various doctors. I am on alot of strong pain killers, tramadol, oxycotin & lyrica along with steroid injections into painful site.
i have heard dr lee dellon in usa can help via surgery but i am in australia and is not much of an option at present due to the fact i now can not work and can not fund this.
if any one has found a cure please let me know. i am now looking at getting a nerve pulse stimulator implanted but am not 100% happy with this.

I know u had this done a year ago. But I'm having same problem and it's been two weeks since my GB surgery and was wondering if you ever figured out what was causing your pain in your rib?

Just had mine done a week ago,I'm recovering well but the pain at my ribs is the worst pain.honestly feels like they have cracked one!!! Please tell me this goes away

I had mine removed about 3 weeks ago and I just stated have this pain too. Let me know if it is just healing or something else . It is rather annoying especially wearing bra.

I too am suffering from the same exact symptoms. Please if anyone has an answer I would greatly appreciate it. I had my gallbladder out almost 3 weeks now.

I had mine out for over 2 weeks and having the same pains and trouble breathing and I have to go back to work monday .and the doctor only gave me 4 pain pills and told me not to take tynol or motrin .I guess he thought I wasn't going to have any pain.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago, and I'm still having the RH rib pain every single day

Hi, I had mine out on Friday and am suffering with this rib pain. Did yours go away please and did you find out what it was?
Thank yiu

Hi there! Curious if you were ever given a diagnosis or reason why this is happening? My mother had her gallbladder removed 2 months ago and has severe pain around rib area that has not subsided at all. We are at a complete loss! If you’ve found anything to help or know any information, I would be so appreciative!

Hi. I had the surgery about a month ago. My doctor said the pulling sensation inside is because there are stitches inside to prevent a hernia. I was a bit baffled. But he said that will take weeks to dissolve as we are still healing. So although the outside stitches have dissolved and "feel better," internally it takes some time. Hope everyone has started to feel better at least.

I have the same pulling which causes pain on my right lower side just below the ribs. Had my gallbladder removed Feb 14 2017 so almost a year ago! Initially the surgeon said it is my brain coming to terms with no longer having a gallbladder and said if it continues to see my fam dr. So, saw fam dr who sent me for physio. I am still in physio but it still keeps coming and going. Not sure what to do! Read it might be scar tissue so to do deep rubbing with lotion to break it up but mine might be too late being a year. Anyone try deep massage?