Hello! Can anybody explain to me the difference between bladder and urinary tract infections? Thank you

Well, they are pretty much similar and bladder infection is UTI but not every UTI is bladder infection. The causative agents can be micro-organisms, bacteria, yeast, parasites, etc but most commonly it is bacteria Escherichia coli that ends up in the urinary tract from the intestines through the anal area. In the UTI, bladder, urethra, urethral neck can be infected and if the symptoms are not treated, and bacteria expelled, it can travel all the way up to the kidneys and cause even bigger problems.
Bladder infections occur mostly in women because their urethra is shorter and bacteria has less road to travel. The most common symptoms of the lower urinary tact including bladder infection are back pain, blood in the urine, cloudy urine, urinary retention, fever, frequent need to urinate, pain during urination, etc.
Some of the upper urinary tract infection symptoms are chills, high fever,
The treatment depends of course upon the causative agents, abut most commonly it is an appropriate antibiotic.

A bladder infection is an infection of the bladder, which is a part of the urinary tract but not all of it. Other parts of the urinary tract include the kidneys, of which you should have two, the ureters, which are the pipes going from the kidneys to the bladder, and the urethra, the pipe going from the bladder to the outside of your body. So, a urinary tract infection, or UTI, can involve any or even all of these different parts of the urinary tract. If the kidneys are involved, this will generally be a lot more painful and cause fever. 

I have the cloudy urine and it has a funky odor and when I urinate it feels like knives coming out towards the end of me peeing. Is that a uti or bladder infection?

definitely a bladder infection, i've had experience with both

The reply still did not give me a definitive answer. People I've known who had UTI have been very sick; sometimes even becoming disoriented. I have had bladder infections but it did not effect me that way. Mine were usually chills, burning when urinating, sometimes fever or lower bwck pain.