Hi, I am a mother of a three years old girl. She is my first child and I am very confused about what is normal condition and when do I need to worry. For a couple of days now she has been complaining about itching and pain she is feeling when she urinates. When I gave her a bath, I noticed that her vagina is irritated. Is this condition normal or should I take my daughter to see a doctor?

Hi, I am certain that you are very concerned about your daughter's well being. The symptoms that you described suggest that your daughter has an irritated vagina. This is a normal appearance in three year old girls. In fact I am certain that your daughter will suffer from vaginitis more than once in the next couple of years. This is a cycling infection that can last a while if you do nothing to stop it. There are a couple of things you can do to help your daughter. First of all use unscented and mild soaps when you bathe your daughter. Next you should wipe the vaginal part more carefully and leave your daughter undressed for a while so that the air could circulate around this part. If nothing of this helps, take your daughter to see a doctor.

I've been taking my daughter to dr 4 over 9 months, I've used a dozen creams, my daughter is so discouraged and she is 3. I've even traveled out of town to Pittsburgh and still trying to solve it. Very very sad n frustrated

Vaginal itching and vulva sensitivity/soreness  around vulva have been complaints from my 3 year for as long as I can remember. I am hopeless and sad that I have not found a solution. Is it sugar allergies, milk allergies, citric?? WHAT?? I do notice that the more sugur she has (candy, cake, chocolate...) the irritation increases. She already has mild excema and skin irritation to bubble bath, scented washing detergent, lotions... Which I have under control. But the vaginal thing never ceases.

Hi my 2 yr old has the same problem for a while now I have toke her to the doc and they say it's not a urine or yeast infection I'm very confused her vaginal area is very irritated and I feel soo sad and feel I can't do anything to help :(

Did the doc not suggest what it might be (rather than what it is not)? Where are you from?
Is it a rash? Does she still wear nappies/diapers? Are they disposable or do they get laundered? It could be reaction to her urine (if nappies/diapers worn) or it could be washing agent not rinsed out properly.
You could try a cream like Sudocrem.

Hi, I have 3 years old daughter n same problem with her.. n m checking here solution.. n after reading.. I thought my solution is better for help my daughter... So plz try this simple method..
Clean the vagina with mild soap or without soap.. n clear wet area with clean n cotten cloth.. after jst put some coconut oil. N do this whenever itching problem heppen.
It's help very much... If this is a common in this age.

Is this vaginitis a hereditary one ? And I want to know what are the causes in kids ? Tia