Hi, I have allergy to home dust presented with urticaria and sneezing occasionally. I was prescribed with Clarinex, but I feel sleepy and fatigue all the time. Is there any antihistamine drug without fatigue as side effect?

Hi, I find Clarinex to be very good, as I have been using it to treat my allergy to pollen. Clarinex is the only prescription nonsedating antihistamine drug, so any other would make you even more sleepy. It is even approved for children of 6 months. Clarinex 24hour I like the best as it is combination with decongestant for patients suffering from nasal congestion, which can occur in seasonal allergic rhinitis. The most common side effects in allergic rhinitis were sore throat, dry mouth and fatigue, but I must say that I haven’t experienced any of these side effects. As with my former antihistamines I was feeling sleepy always, not concentrated and fatigue.