HI, I am Mike, 19 years old. I'm allergic to the pollen grains – I can't get out for a month or two when it is springtime, because my face gets all red of hives, and I feel so exhausted like I have been working all day! Has this fatigue anything to do with my allergy?

Yes, allergy can cause the fatigue; especially so called cold ones. There are many known causes of this exhaustion such as hypothyroidism, depression, insomnia, and diabetes, but the most common causes of allergic fatigue are the substances that cause allergic reactions: the molds, pollens, dust mites, medications... It is just a side effect of your allergic disorder, but you should discuss your fatigue with your physician and learn how to fight it before you get used to it!

Well,
The fact is that your body is suffering a lot when your allergy is active. I know that this can make you very tiered. I have a friend who has allergy to pollen and every spring he goes mad form all the sneezing. He gets so tired that only things that he can do is to lay down and try to sleep. I know that he uses some medication that helps him to lower the reaction of pollen. Have you been using any medication in order to lower the symptoms of the allergic reaction? I hope that you will be able to manage allergy and that this helped you in any way.

Good luck,
Karel