Hello everyone

Now I am 28 and suddenly I have noticed terrible change on my face, looking absolutely dreadful. My cheeks and the forehead looks like has wrinkled pores everywhere. Last year I was looking much better but now look like grandmother... have been using creams against acne and that is being improved but now this problem, even worse perhaps than acne. Now I stopped using the acne creams and still wrinkled pores are not going away. Now I am in fear they are here for rest of my life. This is of course being very bad for my feelings.

HELP!!!

Your post kind of baffles me, because PORES cannot, by themselves, be wrinkled. I am assuming you mean that your skin is wrinkled or has the appearance of being wrinkled and your pores have also become more visible to the naked eye in the process? If I am wrong, please correct me.

From your post, I am also assuming that you were using Retin A or a similar retinoid. They do this sometimes. There's even a name for that: the Retin A "uglies". You need to wear a sunscreen religiously and keep your face moisturized very well when you are on these products, and the ugly phase usually comes to an end soon enough.

Celebrity
If the opening poster is indeed using retin-A, I agree with you. The key to avoiding the retin-A uglies is to apply it only two or three times a week at first, preferably starting with a very low strength, and to apply it to dry skin only. The other very important thing is to moisturize well every time you use retin-A. I've heard that moisturizers and cleansers with ceramides, which add moisture to your skin like crazy, are great. I'm not sure if hyaluronic acid would also work well, but perhaps. Look that up if you like.

If you weren't using retin-A, ironically, with the right approach (see above) that product is in fact a great way to reduce pore size and wrinkles alike. You should then perhaps consider it.

Rosie

That sounds awful! If I had wrinkled skin and large pores all over my face you betcha that I'd be stopping the use of whatever it was that I had recently started using pronto, no matter what anyone else said. I'd also be running, not walking, to my GP. You're 28? Nope. Pretty sure you ain't meant to have wrinkly pores all over your face. Not until like after 50 or 60. Could you quit your current skincare regime and use a vitamin C serum which tightens pores as well as reducing wrinkles and find a nice new moisturiser with hyaluronic acid?

They say  Apple Cider vinegar a home remedy suppose to heal up any acne 

I'm a 48 year old male and have used it on my face when i get some acne and

it does help.

Lot of them creams aren't good and could cause a allergy reaction

Yeah I've heard that before about apple cider vinegar and acne. That makes sense I suppose 'cause vinegar is acidic and could just dry out the acne I suppose... You do realise this thread is about wrinkled skin and large pores though right? I'm not sure from your reply if you think it could help for that as well, the apple cider vinegar. I've never heard that before. Now I could absolutely see vinegar could tighten pores but my question is does it do anything for wrinkles?

Oh and welcome to the forums I suppose...

The person who started this thread has not come back and I don't know if she will. I did want to say that apart from retinoids, another prime cause of SUDDEN wrinkled skin is prolonged sun exposure. Of course, too much sun exposure leads to premature aging in general, but if you've ended up with something close to but not quite sunburn, it can make your face look rather rough and wrinkled for a while. Applying yogurt and cucumber will help your skin recover faster in this case, and you need to keep it moisturizer from the inside and outside by drinking plenty of fluids and using a good moisturizer. Of course, don't forget the sunscreen.

Yes, very true. The idea that pores could be wrinkled just confused me when I initially read the post and tried to picture what she meant. I suppose that she was not talking about wrinkles as such at all, but more about a flaking appearance that dry skin so often takes on, which is different from wrinkles as such. Damaged skin needs nurturing and yes, can benefit from renewal in the form of chemical peels where appropriate, or laser treatment where there is sun damage as well. Hydration is always key as well, though you may need some outside help in the form of hyaluronic acid as well.

I know what you're talking about girl. I've had it too. My skin just became a wrinkled and rough mess with incredibly visible nasty pores and I looked way worn out you know? Yeah, you do know!! My answer after doing online research was dermarollers. This is a low tech method that creates controlled damage on the skin that promotes cell turnover. Yeah, it's scary at first and you need to do some research on the right dermaroller for you as there's many around, cheap and expensive, good and bad, different needle lengths, you name it. It helped me and is still helping me. My skin looks awesome now.

I am very sorry to hear that! Has age caught up with you over night? I often feel like that when I have a closer look at my neck. One day it seems to be fine and the other day suddenly you are old. If it really bothers you, you could go and see a dermatologist. I hear that chemical peels are very effective in dealing with these sudden signs of aging, though you may look a bit funny for a couple of weeks. Alternatively, you could try avocado masks, honey masks, banana masks, and that kind of thing that should just nourish your skin and keep it hydrated. Anyway, we all get old in the end.