Hello, folks. I don’t know what to do any more. I have eczema all over my body. My skin is dry and itchy everywhere. It interferes with my regular activities. I don’t know what to do anymore. Can anyone help me with my problem? Did you have similar troubles? I would appreciate your replies. Bye!

Hi, there. You haven’t mentioned whether you sought for dermatologist’s help. Many people had success with Aveeno cream. It is a simple moisturizing cream. However, you can try with something stronger. Zyrtec is also excellent. It is H1 antihistamine cream. It is great for relieving from scratching. It blocks H1 receptors where histamine binds. This histamine is responsible for allergies and similar conditions. Ask your dermatologist about this. Good luck!

Hi Dianemarie303
I am 42 years old and have never had Eczema before until a month ago.First I got it on my stomach , the my legs ,and chest.
I went to my family doc who gave me prednisone(steriod) and Atarax. The medicines worked fine while I was on them , but once I finished them it came back with a vengence.
Then I went to a dermatologist they gave me a steroid shot and a topical cream(HALOBETASOL PROPIONA 0.O5) IT IS WORKING WONDERFUL.
You might want to try it .
good luck, jodi

hello, it sounds like you are in the same position as I am. my life has completely crumbled due to my outrageous outbreak of eczema all over my body for the past year and a half. been to over a dozen dermatologists and they all just give me the corticosteroid and prescription hydrocortisone creams, and theyve worked in the past but they just dont do it anymore, i just want to warn you that if u do try these out and if they dont work, dont go back to using them!!!! after using these on and off the past 22 years of my life, my rashes have become absolutely ridiculous and i can barely take a shower any more without crying and scratching until i bleed. the corticosteroids have bad side effects and i would probably have some self esteem if my body wasnt covered in discolored patches due to healing, scratching, healing, scratching again bla bla bla,etc.
i eat so healthy its unbelieveable and i exercise daily. i am under an enormous amount of stress but other than that i am a very healthy person and i wish there was an answer for why my skin is destroying itself. anyone out there have it as bad as me and have answers please please please reply!!

Hi, I am in the same position. I am 44 years old and for the last 18 months, I have been covered, head to toe in eczema. I itch all day and night. I haven't had a full night's sleep for over a year because it wakes me up every night itching. I also get swollen eyes from time to time which my GP says is part of the eczema.

Presently I am having Light Treatment. It is not having any effect. Other than this my dermatologist wants to prescribe immuno suppressant drugs which may damage my liver or my bone marrow. I don't want to go down this route due to the serious side effects, however, I am getting desperate.

My work is suffering, i have had so much time off this year. My relationship is suffering. i wake my partner up every night so he is always tired too and my self esteem and social life are suffering. I simply drag myself from one day to the next. I don't have a life any more.

Is there anyone who can shed any light on why our bodies are reacting in this debilitating way?

Current research studies strongly suggest that eczema is believed to be a dysfunction in the immune response. In other words, the problem you have is genetic thus difficult to treat or manage. Many things can cause unwarranted flare-pus such as detergents, colognes, lotions, insects, clothing, chemicals, pollen, and even some foods. You should probably go to a dermatologist and get an allergen test done. He will probably put you on steroids which do show some success in managing this skin disorder. However, these drugs only have a temporary effect and generally do not relieve the person of the symptoms completely. Furthermore, over time your body will likely build up a resistance to the drug which means you will have to be given even stronger steroids. You should note that the prolong use of steroids have serious health complications. I suggest you search the net for natural alternatives to help you manage your eczema. Look for natural products for eczema.

Hello i have a 4 year old girl and a 3 years boy and 17 month girl, just wanting to see if there is anything i can do for eczema they have had it since they have been babies, they are all ways ichy and wake up at night because of that, any thing at all for it i will try it

I've had eczema all over my body ever since I was a baby. So that was 13 years ago! Every day and night, I would wake up scratching from it. Its really hard for me. Especially at school. I always have to wear sweaters or long sleeves over my arms even on the hottest days of summer, because thats where my eczema effects me the most, and gets infected the most. I'm afraid of showing my arms to everyone, because I knew I would get made fun of. So that happened. I would only wear tank tops and shirts in my home. Because I knew thats where I felt more comfortable about my eczema and everyone doesnt really have a problem with it. It just drives me crazy so much! It gets in the way of, hanging out with my friends, even my boyfriend ! (it bothers him.)I mean, everyone wants it to go away as much as I do. But theres nothing I can do, every dermatologist recommends the same thing, but it's barely working. My mom says I'll just have to deal with for the rest of my life. So I've accepted that now. I just put dry skin relief body wash & lotion on my arms and legs. But just to keep it moisturized. So if theres anything anyone can recommend for me, just let me know. I am 13 and desparate for my eczema to go.

hello ,
im 20 years old n i know how it feels to live with eczema. i had it ever since i was born. my father has it n one of my other sisters have it. it was so bad when i was yunger to tha point i couldnt walk right as a child cuz it hurt so bad to walk on her i had a break out on my feet. n in school kids would make fun of tha way my hands was when i had a break on on them to.
i know have it on my elbows, knees, back leg, armpit, and from time to time not to bad onmy face.
what i leard helped alil with tha dryness was to put a lil vasalean on it. it kept it mosterized.
but i used tha cream elidel witch works great wit bad break outs. stings really bad but helps. its best to talk to your dr depending on how bad the break out is. i know how bad it could get i seen the inside of my feet thats how bad i ichted. my hads i use to cut open all the time from itching n i still ich when i cant put any thing on. dont let the skin prob mess up your life.
ask for help from your dr im sure they can help they helped me
hope i helped alil

Hi I'm 12 years old and I found out that I had eczema when I was 7 and broke out in giant hives from using a certain lotion. Now, I'm covered from head to toe in red, dry, itchy bumps. I've had them for 3 days and I'm seeing my dermatologist today. I hate this so much. I really want this to be gone. Help

I have exzema, atleast I think it is. ALLL OVER ME. legs, feet, hards, back, stomach, face, neck, my chest, and even lower back etc. Nothing I have used works. Its attacking me. Please help.

hi i have eczema as well all over it is hard haveing eczema and it is hard to put crem on efory day and night.:(

hi, I find using moisturizers like Vaseline or any form of skin lotions irritate my skin even more. I suggest using very very mild or (watered down) lotions. And REALLY AVOID scratching the skin. NOT EVEN ONCE.

If you have any questions for me regarding eczema, feel free to msg me.

Iv had dry skin eczema all my life too im 30 now, my skin never breaks or bleeds but its just pure cry and i have like dandruff all over my body.. If i leave dark coloured items or clothing beside my bed at night when i wake in the morning its covered in a fine dust and even reaches shelves in my room as dust its rediculous.. My hands have always been very dry too the have always looked like old mans hands even when i was a kid... What i done was early in my life i just stopped using any creams, although they relieved it temporarly i found it to also get a bit worse after the cream had worn off and i dried up again, i mean i itch like mad after showering but it bad for about 30mins and then its gone although if u are sitting about not doing anythin it can feel worse so shower during the day instead of night time before bed.. After a while i just forgot all about it although i always knew it was there and it annoyed me at times to look at but i never covered it up, people actually in day to day life dont look at peoples skin and analyze it at least not the way you would think and especially the people u are friendly with would never judge you for it, they might notice once and then shortly after that its old forgotten news.. I can honestly say i have never came across anyone like friend or partner or even strangers that have passed any remarks about it.. As soon as you accept it fully and be as everyone else you know livin their day to day life and not covering up and just get on with your liife the worry and self conciousness about your dry skin will slowly fade and in the end you'l not give a sh*t about it i honestly mean that... Always remember people will not judge your situation the way your thinking they will thats all in the head.. I urge you to show it to your friends and embrace it and be strong at the start if anyone says anything bad about it like i say in time you'l not even think about it... A few tips here to help you from my experience and i think these are the best for myself personally.. Try to avoid showering every day i know u might not like it but i mean its ok to wash areas like your under arm between showers with a soapy cloth or something, NEVER rub your skin with a towel after a shower/bath never rub it dry as this breaks/flakes the skin again and when u dry i might not look as bad but the little flakes are smaller but ther is more than before only smaller, When showering or bathing never use really hot water i mean just have it comfortably warm not hot as this makes the skin even worse after drying.... Another thing i noticed like most of my life i never really drank pure water that much it was always Tea, Coffee or fizzy drinks, a few years ago i started drinkin pleany of water just to try and help my body a bit to feel good, i eventually liked drinkin the water freezing cold i was drinkin 2 - 3 pints throuhout the day and i soon realized my dry skin especially on my arms had improved more than ever i mean i just had a little below my ribs on my sides but my legs, arms, bottom, and my back.. I mean i was like 100% dry back to id say 95% dry it was great...... Until i stopped drinkin water a while back as i moved house and havent got my mums ice maker any more cus i only like ice cold water and now it has returned with a vengance... So im buying an ice maker soon and will start with the water drinking again.. So i hope my story helps you out please please dont be self concious and worried about it anymore and say to yourself that u dont want to be spending your time thinkin about this sh*t for the rest of your life and you'd rather be livin your life like everyone else, i guarantee you its easier showin it that hiding people will look upto you more in time... 1 No really hot water 2 Dont rub dry only pat/dab dry 3 Best relief for me plenty of WATER throughout the day... Hope this helps lol iv never typed to anyone this long Good Luck (",)