Hi honey! It could be a couple of things 1. A yeast infection 2. A Urinary tract infection 3. Irritation from shaving and one other ONLY if it inside your vagina - Bartholin Cyst!
With the itching I truly believe we are looking at a yeast infection! So here is the thing to do
1. Don't use any scented products - soap or washing detergent - use non soap personal cleanser (they have this feminine wash by Vagisil) or the best is Spectrogel, Physoderm, Teraseptic!
2. Wear cotton underwear.
4. Since you are irritated then I would suggest a 7 day kit - contains suppository and cream - use the entire kit Even if you feel better!
5. Cut out ALL sugars - including pop, sweets, white bread, alcohol - anything that the yeast would think they have gone to heaven ;-D!
6. Air dry as much as possible
7. IF you used a condom - great - IF not have your partner check his penis (as yeast infections can happen back and forth between partners)
8. DON'T have sex, till it's cured!
Now after the kit is done and IF you don't feel better! Then you need to go and get a urine analysis - to see if you have an infection! BUT I'm pretty sure it's a yeast infection! Good luck!