I have a red sore on my vaginal opeing on the right side and when I touch it it burns, I have herpes, is this an outbreak? I've been under a lot of stress lately. :-(

Before I address the herpes quesiton I was just wanting to find out about the sore! Is it RIGHT inside the vagina - right at the opening? And is it a bump?

yes, right inside, and a red bump, it's sore as hell

It could be a herpes breakout or just an infection. But anytime you have a vaginal outbreak or any kind of infection you should get in checked out by a professional. I think you should go see a OBGYN or a your primary doctor. Either way you get it checked out right away ecspecially if it is inside the vagina. But i suggest not having any type of sexual activity until you get this checked out and taken care of. So just let us know how this goes and be sure to get to a doctor ASAP. :-D

Due to the fact that it is inside and obviously you have had herpes breakouts before and this "bump" confuses you! I am pretty sure that you have a Bartholin Cyst! It is from a blocked Bartholin Gland right inside the opening of the vagina! It is JUST like having a zit! Even though I am pretty sure this is what you have, I would like you to get checked out by your STI clinic - just to rule in or out herpes! You could still be having a herpes breakout AND a Bartholin Cyst!

What you could try is this, take a VERY warm bath, with 4 cups of Epsom Salts in it, and let the water just go over your thighs and let the mixture REALLY absorb into the cyst - this should help draw out the puss! You can gently press on either side and see if the puss comes out! You have to watch that it doesn't get infected and larger! Or you will need to have it lanced and put on antibiotics! So get a check up and then let me know OK? Good luck honey!

Thanks so much :-) I'll let you know how it goes.

What ever the case maybe you should get it taking care of .It can be a number of things to wonder what the posiabilties of the bump can be.If Its Herpetic you will get a value of numbers like 0.9 negative factor or positive a two test will be down for 1and 2 HSV in your igG anti-bodies .Im not and expert and the PIC are very hard to detake unless you know you have those same syptoms.I don't and thats why Im here to learn and share my opionion as well.So good luck and always be honest to let the other know. :-)

The bump is gone, Bambi was right, it was a cyst. Thank you so much :-)

Unfortunately I am the QUEEN of Bartholin Cysts! There are AWFUL! And that TOTALLY proves that God IS a man!!!! ;-) XD Try and keep the area clean OK? It can totally block up again! At least now you will know what to do if another one starts! Good luck honey! Glad I could help!