I can't stop itching on the inside and outside of my vaginal area, it has been going on for several years, I've tried just about everything. My labia is very sore and I can't stop itching. I am in extreme pain especially when showering or bathing. Can you help. I am not sexually active.

I Have had this problem for several years also. I have asked my doctor about it many times and he referred me to a geno. Unfortunately they said nothing. I find using Vagsil cream at the beginning of the ich can help. Also clean very well with a mild soap. I am very wet most of the time so I'm thinking that is the problem. To much mosture and then it dries and that's why there becomes irratated. I hope this helps. If you find out anything else please let me know.:-)

Good day. I also had this problem. In that time, I think that I have visited three different gynecologists and all three of them had a different cure. I am not saying that they did some mistake, not at all. Maybe I really had all of that issue and some bacteria. Step by step, when one month passed by, I got this abnormal period. It was about 7 days and then it stopped. I never assumed that I am going through the menopause, even if I was 43 years old. It was a little bit early if you ask me. But, it was. A vaginal dryness during menopause is very common and embarrassing if you ask me. But, what to do. It is something that we have to deal with. 

I have an IUD too, and I am having similiar symptoms. My gyno claims that it is not a side effect of the IUD-Another instance where a woman knows more about her body than the doctor!?! My irritation happens more when I am supposed to get my period. Therefore, I don't think it has anything to do with detergent or toilet paper usage. It does seem to relieve some syptoms when I let the shower run on the area... Maybe I am going through Menopause at 33?

I had the very same problem. I cured it by using a jock itch antifungal for a couple of months after I showered. It cured it. There is a fungus that makes no rash that is visible to the naked eye but it itches severely. You catch it at swimming pools.

What is the name of this antifungal cream that you used??
I've been trying Monistat and several other things and NOTHING is working!
Sometimes I want to cry it's sooo frustrating!
Has anyone gotten ANY definitive responses from their doctors for what this might be or what caused it???

This is exactly the same for me! I have an IUD, it itches all the time, hurts sometimes when I pee or get water on it, and it gets much worse right before my period.

I'm assuming it's Ph issues because it gets worse before my period, like a bacterial vaginosis, but I've been to a bunch of gyno's and none seem to have any idea or suggestions. They just give me lame advice like "maybe it's an allergy to something, try switching detergents and rotate things out." It's literally been years, I really want to find out what this is!!

I had to bring my daughter to an emergency room one night due to the itching and burning. They said it is chaffed skin that gets irratated and the ph balance in the body changes.
They prescribed a cream for immediate calming but said to take a bath with baking soda in it to get the ph levels back in place and it also heals the skin.
I have recently had to try this myself. It does work but I do not have a lot of time to take a bath so I use the sitz bath method instead.

Good to know I am not the only one with this mysterious itch.. Also have had an IUD since Feb. and I just can't seem to get over it. I got an IUD because of the hormone imbalances that other birth control does to me. You would think that this device with absolutely no hormones would do anything! I am stumpted. It is very irritating and it seems like the doctors won't link the two together...

I know in my case , I gently file rough edges from a garlic clove, peel paper skin off.insert into vagina, I do it at nite,it may fall out other wise. It works wonders for me,rather quickly I might add. Do not break garlic inner skin, it will burn!

Very interesting. I did a search for this symptom, because i've been living with it for nearly 2 years. I have tried everything (even the baking soda) and it comes back every month around ovulation time. I also wondered if my copper IUD could be the culprit. I had it removed TODAY. I am hoping that it will mysteriosly resolve my problem just as quickly as the problem myseriously appeared.

I am experiencing the same thing! Every month about a week or so before my period I get this itching and burning down there. My clitoris swells up and every area of my vagina itches!! It is terrible. It is causing problems between me and my husband because I can't have sex - and Im definitely not in the mood because Im hurting so bad. My gyno said it was not a yeast infection, so Im stumped!!!

girls, use Fast Acting Tinactin, it comes in a spray can. There is powder and liquid, both spray but the powder is not as cold when it hits you. This is used for athletes foot, it will kill any bacteria! Use it after you get out of the shower and dry off, you might even wanna use the blow dryer to make sure it is really dry before spraying. I used to have problems with bacteria (might have been ringworm in the crease of my legs near my balls). I even went to the doctor and he gave me a cream which was annoying and not very affective. Spray the itchy area with tinactin once a day for about 3 days, this should clear it up. If you get sweaty everyday it may come back and you will need to re-apply ever noe and then. Good luck!!

i too have issues with itching. i found out yesterday that IT IS POSSIBLE(!) to have exema inside, which i suffer from mildly to moderate. mostly mild, on my cheeks i can barely see it and i know what it looks like. my gyn started me out with 1% hydrocortazone ointment. (over counter) ointment cuz i have 2 creams for exema. and the ointment seems to stay on longer! anyway last night it worked great. this morning not as good, starting to itch and its been40 mins. so he told me he wanted to start very very mild as this is a sensitive area. here's my instructions if it will help you-massage small amount(not quite the length of of the tip of forefinger) into vagina (he said go just into it like no deeper than the tip of finger- i go maybe the length of one and half fingertips) and opening, but lightly to not at all on the outside area (however i have done it on outside both times- not alot but enough to cover itching area (side note i cannot use vagisil without it burning like i am on fire!) twice a day for 2 weeks then every day for 1 week then 2 times a week.

and like i said earlier this is probably going to change so i will keep you updated.

also, he gave me a flyerwhich is different than what all other doctors give so maybe this will help some of you.

[WHEN skin is IRRITATED you may:

wear cotton pants (i think we all know this)
use cool water to wash the area
use corn starch if you need a dusting powder (which i absolutely will not do cuz powder dries me out more)

use a cool moist pack to relieve itching. a cool moist packis simplh a clean wash cloth dipped in cool water and spread over the irritated area. the circulating air will cool and soothe the skin.

until the irritation is completely relieved and you feel normal again you sould use:

no nylon
no tight jeans
no soap
no hot water
no talcum powder
no scrubbing - no scratching - no rubbing
no medication except that prescribed
after the irritation is gone and the conditoin of the skin has returned to normal you may go back to usual living. if yo ustart getting irritated again, be extra careful again.

there are many thing in your environment that may irritate your kin. thinse things may include bath soaps, laundry soaps, detergents, products like bounce dryer sheets, colored toilet paper, scented toilet paper, deodorant sprays, deodorant powder, deodorant pads, and many meds. tht may be used in the area, be aware of the possibility of being irritated by anything new in your environment.
end of flyer

so like u i too had dr dumbfounded by the itch for years or say its nothing. so this guy seems to know his stuff.

so ladies u know your body go with it

side note this is my second time -its been a year that i have been dealing with bacterial and yeast infections off and on. the last time was few years ago and that lasted 1 1/2 yrs.

this dr. said that those infections are just a symptom of the underlying cause! hello!! i already knew that! but let me say it was nice for a dr to say yes ur right and lets find the cause. so keep looking for a different gyn ladies til u find the right one. and if your family dr wont give u anymore referrals switch to new fam dr and get referrals from that one.

my fam dr did obgyn sor 16yrs. this year she also prescribed for my dryness (i am not as wet as i should be during sex-which hasnt always been the case-its just seems to get worse as the years on) 2x's a week vagifem prescription- which is for lack of estrogen caused by menopause, endometrosis etc. which i have non of them but it did work to make me more wet which took away my itching, and i didnt use it but maybe once a week after the first week and a half. so maybe that will help. i was told about replense - over counter- helps with dryness but that set me on this course of bac/yeast issues. the nurse who told me was shocked. so maybe it will help you. also premarin prescribed same as vagifem but i got hives from it.

now i know garlic works for everything....but for this...ur brave for even trying!!! lol good info on that one. who wooda thunk. :)

i have discovered a similar problem, i have like an itch on the outside of my vaginal opening, i havent had sex or anything. but its quiet painful and itchy i have used sudocrem as it helps with like itches and rashes normal but it hasnt cleared it im unsure what it is.i dont have any spots or anything,it hurts when im in the shower and that though:l.
what do you think i should do?