Second time to get an abscess removed from inner buttox. this time slightly different as i had to have it awake as i am 7 wks pregent, just had a local, very sore. I am not on antibiotics, or strong pain killers, so am feeling every bit of pain, I am getting stinging pain which i cannot remember feeling the last time, is this normal?

Hi Jessie: When you are pregnant, your pelvic area will have more blood in the area, PLUS you will feel more and more things down there. So are they sure you don't need anitbiotics - totally safe when you are pregnant - Also you can take regular strength tylenol. Also use a sitz bath or a squirt bottle with warm water and 2 tablesppons of hydrogen peroxide! Squirt it on the area a couple of times a day - ESPECIALLY after going to the toilet. This will heal the area and keep it clean. A sitz bath, can be used just in a normal bath tub! So have a warm bath, just over your pelivs, pour 2 cups of Epsom Salts under the running water. And just sit in the bath and relax. The Epsocm Salts are VERY healing and will dray out any infection. Just check with your doctos about if you need anitbiotics, because that can be dangerous if an inection is not checked and get's into your blood stream - I HAD that when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my 1st child - NOT GOOD!!!! o.O Good luck hon, and here's to a healthy baby and no more abscess's!!!!