I have a painful swelling, perhaps abscess on the left Labium Majus (outer vaginal lip). It is painful for me to walk. It looks like an abscess. The doctor said it looks like an abscess and that if the penecillen doesnt work, it will have to be sliced for the puss to come out.

She knows no more. What could have caused this? It's very painful and the swelling is big. I am clean and havent changed my washing powder at all. I always use Johnson Baby Shower wash to wash my private parts and always shave there as I have thick hair.
I do have polycystic ovaries and depression and also going through stress at work right now.

Its so painful, I am tempted to prick it with a needle and see if any puss comes out. :'(

Hi Michelle! So this cyst is DEFINITELY on the outside of your sexual organs NOT right inside the vagina opening? NEVER do a cyst by yourself! Take the penecilin! And then get a box of Epsom Salts and sit in the hottest bath you can! Just above your hips, and then pour in about 4 big cups of Epsom Salts! let the solution soak your area! IT will help draw out the puss! So press gently on either side of the cyt! Use a squirt bottle with VERY warm water and half hydrogen peroxide, rinse the area everytime you have the special bath, and when you use the toilet!

Thank you so much for the advice. Yes, the abscess was on the outside lip and not inside my private parts. I couldn't take the pain any more last night so I got some sisscors and scraped the thin lining on the abscess and the puss all came flowing out. The swelling has gone down considerablly now and isn't as painful. I will continue to take the penecillin to rid of the infection. I was wondering whether this was caused by an ingrown hair or now as I shave alot. I was worried I had caught herpes then.

If you are sexually active and don't use protection OR haven't in the past! You need to get tested for herpes! Ingrown hairs, will not be on your labia and cause SUCH pain! So since you mentioned herpes! Then I would suggest you go to your local STD clinic and get a check up!

No, its the outer lip where hairs do grow. I suffer from polycystic ovaries so so get excess hair. I always use a condom.

I understand! I am just worried about the infection of it that's all! Usually an ingrown hair, wouldn't cause SO much pain! Definitely keep the area clean with hydrogen peroxide and warm water! Do you think it could be reaction!

Hi Michelle may I ask you what color the puss is/was? Bc I have these bumps like you are having and I get them everywhere in the oddest places. But anyways my bumps are bc I have MRSA and they puss has to come out somewhere!!!!!!! :-)

I'm off to the GU clinic now for my routine check.
The puss was a sperm colour, hard to describe, musty white, little bit yellow. The swelling has gone down alot now that I made it all come out. But I will get a proper check just in case.

Hi everybody,
I am interested what did they told you in your check up? Are you alright now?

why is it always on the left side???? I get these all the time!!! I have 1 now and I can barely walk!!! I NEED HELP!!!!

This is not true. It never hurts to get tested but this is definetely an abscess and penicillin rarely does well with skin rashes you will probably need doxycycline. epson salts are good as well. Herpes are generally in more than one spot and open and scab on their own.

I have similar, but no puss, but blood, its purple and it feels like a bubble, its right where the lip meets the butt-cheek, I thought maybe underwear were to tight but when squeezed to see if puss came out it was blood

This sounds like a staph infection. It is not an STD. Staph infections can occur anywhere on the skin and form and abscess which can be extremely painful. Depending on the size of the abscess it may have to be drained in the OR. Staph is a bacteria that lives on the skin on EVERYONE!! An infection occurs when the conditions are just right, perhaps a cut or an irritation in the area. Your Doctor is right though it is full of blood and puss. Antibiotics are necessary in the treatment and you should have the abscess drained by a professional so they can take a culture to make sure it is not MRSA which is a more serious form of staph that is resistant to most antibiotics and requires a stronger one to cure it. Hope I helped.

MRSA is definitely the usual culprit... With the cloudy yellowish pimple that causes swelling on the labia... I recently had a bout with it on my left labia... I was prescribed clindamycin for it...

Oh my gosh!! i thought i was the only one!! i have the blister on the left side too...and when i press on it, a bit of fluid comes thru the pores. I also have cuts on my inner thighs that burn and are painful. CAn all this  be caused by a yeast infection?? this problem ( with the blister- not the cuts) has been happening on and off for the last few months and its getting unbearable. I feel like i'm going to itch myselfto death-specially at night. I apply witch  hazel and a topical antibiotic cream- it helps but it does not make the problem go away. I have been with the same partner for 12 years so i know its not an std!!How are you now SweetnessUK?

i'm thinking of calling my obgyn to see if she can call in a prescription med for me!! cant go on like this any longer!!