I have been having problems with infections of urinary tract that didn’t respond on thrimetoprim. Uti used to occur several times during last 3 months; in fact it probably was chronic infection. Last week doctor prescribed me nitrofurantoin, because symptoms reactivated and were very bad. But I was surprised to get mono therapy for treatment of infection that was that bad and complicated. Is nitrofurantoin that powerful medication?

I had chronic uti, but was trying to treat it with herbal remedies and natural antiseptics, like thymol and carvacrole. It used to reappear again and again, and obviously has never been cured completely. Nitrofurantoin helped me within 3 days. My urinary system was cleared and I didn’t felt any of its side effects. Nitrofurantoin is excellent in uti even as a mono therapy, so you don’t need to be suspicious about your doctor’s recommendations.

Drug Information For: NITROFURANTOIN MONO/MAC 100MG CAP
Ingredient Name: NITROFURANTOIN (nye-troe-fyoor-AN-toyn)

Drug Manufacturer: MYLAN

Common Uses: This medicine is an anti-infective used to treat or prevent infections of the urinary tract. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Before Using This Medicine: Some medicines or medical conditions may interact with this medicine. INFORM YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST of all prescription and over-the-counter medicine that you are taking. Inform your doctor of any other medical conditions, allergies, pregnancy, or breast-feeding. USE OF THIS MEDICINE IS NOT RECOMMENDED if you have a history of kidney conditions. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns about using this medicine