For about 2 weeks now, my nipples have been very sensitive, even just my bra, tshirt, nightgown, whatever, brushing against them, hurts. I am definitely not pregnant and have been going into early menopause for the past 2 years. My last period if you could call it that (very light pinkish spotting)was in October 2006. Could you please give me a reason as to why why this might be happening. Thank you.

I don't know if this will help you out but I was pre menopausal for the last 10 years and I just for the first time this month only spotted, before that it was very heavy..This month my nipples have been very sensitive but for almost 7 years before each period my breasts would fill up with what felt like milk... I am 55 and can not get pregnant...I think it is all hormonal and part of menopause...I asked my doctor if my breast could fill up with milk and I was told that it probably is what happened and as long as I don't have a discharge it was normal..My last child was born in 1993..