My nipples are very sensitive to the touch, my boyfriend gets frustrated because I can only stand to have them touched during extreme heated passion, any other time i just want to cringe. I had breast reduction and really thought that they would not be so sensitive after surgery, but nothing changed, he thinks if i rub them on a regular basis they will get less senstitve, Is this true?? is there something else I can do to be able to tolerate them being touched for sexual reasons?

im like that too! I recently had a check up on my breasts and im fine and clear of anythinq neqative! But im still sensative in that area. Well your breast are tender and they can only be touched in a certain soft way. Tell him to be more gentle. Men sometimes get excited when they see boobs and tend to grip them really rough! Get a check up and warn your bf.

In both augmentation and reduction, there is often some nerve damage, that repairs itself over time. Your nipples will probably always be more sensitive than they were pre-op, but for many patients that's a plus! For now, ask your partner to be very gentle. Turn it into a positive. Take a silk or satin and have him (or her) lightly run it over your nipples during sex. While being penetrated from behind, put it on the bed and let your nipples sway back and forth across the silky fabric. If the stimulate of your nipples is very light like this, you will find it VERY arousing. Some womn find that their nipples are alwasy hard since they are so sensitive that their clothing or bra stimulates them to the point of hardness. Many find it more comfortable to not wear a bra (actually nearly all of my augmentation patients give up bras altogether). Remember, the more often they are stimulated the faster their hypersensitivity will decrease.

I have the same problem, though with my wife not me. She is very overly sensitive to the point where I cannot even touch her nipples during intimacy. It's really frustrating and I try to be patient but it's discouraging. Yet when things get really heated it's fine to touch. Is there anything that can help them not be so sensitive or is it something that I have to just deal with and accept it?

Same situation here. Wife has very sensitive nipples and doesn't like them touched until she is very excited and then it's okay. My wife is over 50 and they weren't always this sensitive. She is going through menapause and is taking hormone treatments as well. Anyone have any ideas that can help?

PennyLane, this is quite a common problem, but more commonly after breast augmentation (enlargement). Your boyfriend is right in the sense that you can "train" your nipples to be less sensitive, but it is best done with a doctor's advice and supervision. The procedure is motly one you do at home but it is not that straightforward and hard to describe here. In my clinic I have many patients with various sexual issues and overly sensitive nipples is a common complaint. Some other women probably have equally sensitive nipples but for them it is erotic and stimulating. Many get very aroused just walking around without a bra, and choose tight silky tops for maximum stimulation. Many can bring themselves to orgasm just by tickling their nipples. If you do not have access to a good sexual health clinic, try finding fabrics that feel good on your nipples (satin works for most people) and lightly rub it on your nipples during sex. Have your boyfriend tickel your nipples just at he point of your climax. After doing thsi for a few lovemaking sessions, have him suck them while you orgasm (build up to it). The otehr thing that often works in the begininng is to put the satin on the bed and then have intercourse in the "doggy style" position, and let your nipples rub on it as your breasts sway back and forth. After a few weeks, you will surprised by how much better this is, and you may even be asking your boyfriend to pinch or suck them during sex play. Good luck and please let me know how it goes, and if you need more advice (if you have an email address I can contact you directly nd suggest a few cloinics in your city). - Dr. Bob

I have the same problem except I have not had any breast operations but they have gotten worst since my last child was born. I am afraid that if we have anymore children that it would get worst. I am wondering if their is anything that we can do.

Ive had this same sort of difficulty for about 20 years now since having my reduction. It was from DD to A. I had it done to improve my sports performance at the time when I was in my early 20's. The sensitivity in my nipples was almost unbearable direclty after the recovery period. At first I found it really difficult to live with and it caused me to pretty much stop having sex for quite a period of time. I tried almost everything as even just rearing my sports bra was uncomfortable for me. I tried physio where there was an attempt to get me more used to sensation on them. I had TENS electro therapy, and eventually the only thing that helped was ELMA cream. This of course was not that practical, but at least it gave me some relief at times. When it came time to give up my professional sports career, I found that I was able to take time and think about the problem more. The key turning this around, was as some of the other post say- not about changing your bodys feeling but it was about changing my attitude to it. I began to realise it was actually a very sexy thing to be able to feel like this. I have over time grown to love how a tiny touch - even just the feeling of wearing my lose t-shirt can make me feel. Over time I have learnt to show my partners how I like to be touched- with some care- and attention, and it works. Almost all have loved how much it can affect me. My current partner loves it and evens want me to have my nipples pierced to see if it gives me more sensitivity there- but Im really not so sure about that! I feel quite blessed now with it. For me it was mostly about changing my attitude to my own body and then taking the time to explain this to anyone who I was this intimate with. I hope this helps.

Omg. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! This is tough to because i honestly want him to play with them and well you know, but only during extremely intense sex can i handle it. I have been 'playing' around with mine more often to see if i can de-sensitise then...but no luck... who has the answer?

Dr. Bob, I've read your post and I'd like to know if you know any sexual health clinics in Baltimore, Maryland. I have overly sensitive nipples except when I'm very aroused.

Thanks,
Nikki

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I was a little embarrassed to share, but my girlfriend convinced me that I may help others by posting. I was having the same issue where the nipples were too sensitive to touch. If someone slightly grazed me, I would jump. They felt like it was being tickled. Sometimes even touching them myself would be too much. It was extremely frustrating during intimacy. Sometimes I would get angry with my partner. The nipples could only be touched when I was really excited or I would be turned off.

This occurred strangely in my early 20's and lasted until now 5-6 years later. I have not had any surgeries, I have not had any children and when I visit the doctor everything looks "normal". The doctors could not help me, and most people don't quite understand when you try to explain it.

I started trying different supplements and herbs, and I finally found one that works for me. I wanted to wait it out before I posted anywhere. It has been over a month of "testing" and I am back to normal I could cry. I am a real person with a real problem, so please don't think I'm advertising for a product. I tried an herb called "Vitex" or chasteberry in capsule form. It is supposed to balance out your hormones. It also brings down your menstrual cycle faster, and makes some women more fertile -- so just warning on that.

Please do your research if you decide to take the herb. Also, please consult with your doctor. I do not think anyone can give medical advice on here. I just wanted to post about what has finally worked for me after many years of frustration. I hope I help someone. I'll post on other forums in case this one has died off.

hey babe i know ur pain
Keep strong sister

I would have to say I'm the same as your wife dont like to be touched to the point of if they are touched I am totally turned off, if there is something that helps that would be great I feel bad but can't help it

I am exactly the same way, this actually helped me a lot an I'm going to look into it, I am also in my early 20s yikes 5-6 year is terrible I want it to stop now

Okay I will let you know if it works......