i am 51 menopausal and have had a hystorechemy. recently mynipples are sensitive - can you please give me an explanation.

Hello! You didn’t say if you were taking any hormonal replacement therapy. If you are, then it is highly likely that your nipple sensitivity is a reason of estrogen overload or dominance. Maybe you should discuss this with your doc.

I am not sure if the therapy (if you are taking any) contains progesterone or only estrogen but you may ask your doctor that and see if s/he could prescribe some progesterone cream or something to make a balance with estrogen.

Estrogen is a nasty hormone and it is exactly it that causes all those PMS symptoms. When women are approaching their periods, the levels of estrogen hormone would rise and this rise would cause all of those negative symptoms like cramping and nipple sensitivity, breast tenderness, etc

I am experiencing this very same thing and I can hardly stand it!
I am 53 and am in menopause and am not taking estrogen at all. I recently suffered from Shingles that made a 'band' from the center of my chest under my left breast to the middle of my back. Soon after this painful experience past, I started getting a weird sensation in my left breast and now, I can hardly stand to wear a bra, wear my pajama top, have my left arm rub against my breast. I am a large breasted woman so it makes my problem even worse.
I have never experienced anything like this before and it stays with me 24/7.
Anyone have any clues as to what this is?

Thanks in advance.

20 years ago I had a case of shingles. After a pulmonary embolism (caused by birth control pills) I was treated with warfarin and my shingles pain came back. It took three doctors and two years to find out that I had post-herpatic neuralgia...damage to the nerves after a case of shingles. My pain was on the left side and I couldn't wear a bra because it caused tremendous pain and discomfort. Try finding a pain specialist to help you with your nerve disorder. Good luck!

A chinese mushroom called Lions Mane is used to increase Nerve Growth Factor which heals damaged nerves.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use