I had breast augmentation through the nipple 3 weeks ago. My incisions seem to be healing fine. Most everyone I know who has had this procedure tells me their nipples became numb, and stayed that way for several month. In my case however, my nipples have not lost any sensitivity, in fact they are extremely sensitive to the point of painful, even from my clothing. I'm hoping this is not uncommon. Do you have advice? Will this subside?

It has been a month and my nipples a very sensitive. I have bought a billion different bras because the material is so irritating. My doc says it will stop eventually. :|

I had my BA surgery in October, and then I had a capsulectomy a couple of months again and my nipples are killing me.

There is hope! The pain in my "good breast" subsided within the first 3-4 months after the surgery.

After I had my BA, my nipples were very sensitive. It was more of an 'electric shock' type feeling. Although it did go away, it was annoying, bothersome, and sore while it lasted, which was fr maybe a couple months or so.
My doc told me it was nerve endings that had been severed. Basically imagine your fingers as nerves, and the tips of you fingers as the part of the nerve that has been severed as a effect of the BA surgery, the tips of your fingers are rubbing against the inside of your breasts (so to speak).

Hope this helps.....enjoy your new boobs! ;-)

Hello
I'm having the same problem with over sensitive nipples after breast augmentation and lift. Just curious if anyone else's doc told them to try and desensitize them by gently tapping them as often as possible? and if it helped cos it's painful enough as it is without touching them on purpose as well!

a couple of weeks ago i got my breast augmentation under the breast. i am having pain on my right side, almost like i tore a muscle or something. has anyone else experienced this?

Generally tissues surrounding the breast become numb after surgery but it may not be the case always therefore choosing the right bra after breast augmentation becomes absolutely necessary. For the first few weeks post surgery sports bra are recommended especially the ones with zip so that they can be easily worn and removed and other aspects ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I had my BA 4-5-11. I'm only 10 days out. The soreness and swelling have gotten better but as of yesterday, it feels as if someone is cutting my nipples off! I went back to my Dr yesterday and said they looked great and that this pain would go away. I am totally miserable and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to any relief? Help!!

My wife had BA about 5 years ago and her left nipple is still sore, so much so that she doesn't want her breast touched.  She has had ultra sounds done and nothing was found.  Have others had long term pain?  Is there something that could be done?

Dude you sound more like a perv, than a doctor... Dr. Bob ha thats a crock! Were concerned about the sensitivity... Most of us hate it, and you ramble on about a woman orgasiming in your office, sick! 

I agree with mylifecom. Dr Bob is a complete perv.
There is nothing professional or medical about him.
How disgusting...I am going through a lot of pain right now and I believe that he should be removed from this discussion.

I've had mine for twelve years and mine where done anchor cut. But you can't even touch my left one it hurts so bad and when I get "cold" it hurts to point I can't stand it bilaterally . So its been enough years if it was gonna stop I supose it wouldeve. I pray yalls does. If you find a way to ease the pain please share the tip bc winters coming and it hurts:-(

Yes. Mines lasted twelve years and its severe exspecially when I'm cold I wish there was a cure bc its been long enough I hope she gets better.

I put orajel on mine...

Did it work?