Hi i am a 19 year old woman. I have stopped using Depo-Provera about 1 1/2 months ago as me and my boyfriend are trying for baby.

I have enlarged nipples that are very sensitive and i looked it up and all signs pointed to pregnancy but nope not lucky enough.

I can barely touch them they are that sensitive.

Has anyone got any ideas???

Hey :-) I'm having the same problem! I had an abortion in June and got a deop should immediately after. I was supposed to get a second shot in September but decided not to continue with it because i bled for 2 months straight. Anyway, a few days ago I noticed my nipples extra sensitive...almost sore. I have a 2 1/2 year old already, so I have been pregnant twice before, and that was the first symptom i noticed both times. I havent taken a test yet though. Goodluck :-)

hey
i have been having the same problem for the last 5 or 6 days too. I got on Depo almost 5 yrs. ago after my child was born. In August i decided to get an IUD put in so when my depo shot was due again i didn't get it. I started on birth control pills til i started my period which was about 3 weeks later then I got the IUD put it. About 2 weeks after that is when my nipples started acting crazy. They became enlarged and very sensitive all day. I couldn't even touch them. even rubbing up against my shirt hurt. also, they stay hard pretty much all day. it's not any part of my breast except the nipples. they also had fever in them one day. anyway, i went to the doctor yesterday cause i was worried it might be some kind of infection. he said it wasn't an infection and it was definitely not pregnancy. he said it was probably my body reacting to the hormones from switching back and forth from all those different birth controls. he said that the hormone levels should level off and it should go away within the next 3 or 4 wks cause it usually takes your body that long to adjust to the new b.c. Hope this helps.

The last four days my nipples have been so sore. I even have a hard time washing them in the shower. I do not take any birth control, I do not in it. I make sure that I have condoms, always.

So I do not think that you doctor completely knows what they are talking about. Sorry to say that.